Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down to the last little bits of plumbing and testing the skimmer fit. Looks like Ill need to build a small stand for it.
r2r10.jpg

Looks clean! Great planning and execution

Here’s my Reefer 250!

06628a47be552bb47ad90b7e9fbf8b50.jpg

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Che
Lookin awesome centerline!

I would highly recommend and adjustable skimmer stand from octoaquatics. Super high quality, ships quick, and priced very well. It has made it very easy to tune the height. Nice for raising the height to skim drier or lowering for wetter.
Checking them out now ;)

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin awesome centerline!

I would highly recommend and adjustable skimmer stand from octoaquatics. Super high quality, ships quick, and priced very well. It has made it very easy to tune the height. Nice for raising the height to skim drier or lowering for wetter.
Thanks - labor of love.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man looks nice. Even better when you have room behind to make it cleaner inside the compartment. Like [emoji1360]
Yea Man, I gave myself 6" from the wall for the plumbing. I'm also fortunate that the wall is abutted against the garage. So the mixing station, chiller and reactors will be out there. The room this is in is pretty small and the chiller actually adds to the heat. I have a 400 CFM fan above the tank for C02, humidity and heat but every little bit helps. My main lighting system is a Spectra with 2 250 watt bulbs and 4 T5s so heat has to be evacuated. You can see the vent and the Spectra in the picture below.
light2.jpg

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea Man, I gave myself 6" from the wall for the plumbing. I'm also fortunate that the wall is abutted against the garage. So the mixing station, chiller and reactors will be out there. The room this is in is pretty small and the chiller actually adds to the heat. I have a 400 CFM fan above the tank for C02, humidity and heat but every little bit helps. My main lighting system is a Spectra with 2 250 watt bulbs and 4 T5s so heat has to be evacuated. You can see the vent and the Spectra in the picture below.
light2.jpg

Everyone had there battles, looks smooth :).

offtropic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so about to place an order and leaning towards the 425xl. The place I am putting the tank would also accommodate a 450 (but not a 525xl). Since they both work, and are comparable (enough) on price, I am looking for opinions from those that own them. Are you happy with your choice? Why? If you could do it over again (and could choose between the two for a space that could accommodate either) would you? Is that extra foot of horizontal space in a 450 enough to enable a larger livestock collection? Is the depth of the 425xl allow for more creative scaping and enhance 'end-on' viewing? I am very curious as to what current owners think (beyond the fact that we all love our tanks)!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so about to place an order and leaning towards the 425xl. The place I am putting the tank would also accommodate a 450 (but not a 525xl). Since they both work, and are comparable (enough) on price, I am looking for opinions from those that own them. Are you happy with your choice? Why? If you could do it over again (and could choose between the two for a space that could accommodate either) would you? Is that extra foot of horizontal space in a 450 enough to enable a larger livestock collection? Is the depth of the 425xl allow for more creative scaping and enhance 'end-on' viewing? I am very curious as to what current owners think (beyond the fact that we all love our tanks)!
I have a 425XL and a 525XL. The length of the 525 is the same as the 450 so I have some context. The 60" x 22" x 20" tanks LOOK a lot bigger though the 450 is a 92 gallon tank vrs the 47" x 22" x 22" 425 at 88 gallons.

Personally I love the 425 and am very happy with the choice. Plenty big for lots of aquascaping options. The 525 I have LOOKS a lot bigger and it has been a bear to move around. You really cant go wrong with either.

offtropic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 425XL and a 525XL. The length of the 525 is the same as the 450 so I have some context. The 60" x 22" x 20" tanks LOOK a lot bigger though the 450 is a 92 gallon tank vrs the 47" x 22" x 22" 425 at 88 gallons.

Personally I love the 425 and am very happy with the choice. Plenty big for lots of aquascaping options. The 525 I have LOOKS a lot bigger and it has been a bear to move around. You really cant go wrong with either.
Thanks for the input. The place we intend to put the tank also exposes it to frequent 'end-on' viewing so the tank with more depth would seem to be a good choice. Do you find the sump area to be much more usable with the extra 12" of room on the 525?

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm working with a company to manufacture the coupler and sleeve combo, but with a 3/4" NPT female thread instead of the 25mm DIN thread. So it will be an exact replica except for the female threads. This will prevent having to source extra Red Sea return assemblies, just to hard plumb your tank, with a thread that's not even correct for us in the USA. Especially since it looks like Red Sea has changed the return assembly, thus leaving you with a longer overall assembly and still a metric thread. I'll keep you updated along the way.

CeQabX3wRh6JKjzZEfzOUg.jpg
ps7fXA0VSuuG1lkt%KVBhg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_4277.jpeg
Well, ill take one!

gammarho55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm working with a company to manufacture the coupler and sleeve combo, but with a 3/4" NPT female thread instead of the 25mm DIN thread. So it will be an exact replica except for the female threads. This will prevent having to source extra Red Sea return assemblies, just to hard plumb your tank, with a thread that's not even correct for us in the USA. Especially since it looks like Red Sea has changed the return assembly, thus leaving you with a longer overall assembly and still a metric thread. I'll keep you updated along the way.

fullsizeoutput_4277.jpeg
If you need someone to test this on a 425, keep me in mind lol ;)

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fullsizeoutput_4277.jpeg
That's a great idea. I came very, very close to just cutting my own. I chucked up a 2" block of acrylic and realized that I didn't have the right boring bit - started to order the right bit and my wife accused me of obsessing lol. That put a stop to it.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. The place we intend to put the tank also exposes it to frequent 'end-on' viewing so the tank with more depth would seem to be a good choice. Do you find the sump area to be much more usable with the extra 12" of room on the 525?

Not really. The extra volume in both water and space are nice but the 425 sump it plenty big. The 425 has a big Reef-Octopus 202-s skimmer, probes, reactors attached to the wall, the return pump and lots of room still available.

In the 525 I stuck some extra gear to handle plumbing a couple of other tanks to it and I still have a bunch of space left over. If I had been half as meticulous with the 425 I would have more room - not that I need it.

The best thing to do is just be smart planning for your gear and you will be fine with either tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back