jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 525 is perfect. Nothing like that.

Do all Redsea aquariums have chewed up silicon in the corners?

Im worried about the integrity of the silicon and want to know if its normal

22b68ef1ee35536d28f2761cd623ee88.jpg

15aa245ec99dda957ec079297d886ed1.jpg

13e3784b4be079c58deafac83a9183f4.jpg

f2d31afe2190adc9348df048f9895919.jpg

1149b47cc12569b44ff94ce4a5d294f2.jpg

11ee149913ba262ce1ea2e2a10f4635a.jpg

80da450a51713b2a7216df230a8ae3d2.jpg

dadffc6cbb556ba1226eeb5bac5eb5d5.jpg

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about putting a drain line from my skimmer to the basement and into drain of the house. It would be about 18-20ft of line dropping about 4ft, anyone done this with reefer? I assume I have to drill a hole in the bank so the line goes out the cabinet at a lower level than the cup. Any issue of clogging lines?

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good lord I just broke a piece from my drain line when trying to clean the sump area. I need to just hard plumb the rest of this, can anyone guide me with what pieces I need? I hard plumbed the return line so I am familiar with having to buy another piece, is that the same piece I need to buy again?

This is what I broke, lol I am going to have to drain using emergency line only until the piece arrives. ***

regulated-downflow-system.jpg

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good lord I just broke a piece from my drain line when trying to clean the sump area. I need to just hard plumb the rest of this, can anyone guide me with what pieces I need? I hard plumbed the return line so I am familiar with having to buy another piece, is that the same piece I need to buy again?

This is what I broke, lol I am going to have to drain using emergency line only until the piece arrives. ***

regulated-downflow-system.jpg

If i understand you correctly you want to replace all your plumbing to hard piping

Yes you need to order two more barbed assemblies (the one with green tubing)

One for drain and the other for the emergency drain

Ashton8806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently setting up a reefer 350. I bought it used on craigslist and the set up is about 2 years old. So far I like the look of the tank but the stand seems cheap, why couldn't the whole stand be coated like the doors? The plumbing is cheap, plastic is thin and of course metric. And after 1.5 years the o rings were shot on the bulk heads and leaked. luckily the 27mm x 3mm o rings from ACE were very close to spot on. I replaced the o rings and have no leaks, at the moment. The 350 stand has a separate compartment on the right hand side which limits the sump size, this may or may not be a problem for most peope.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm working with a company to manufacture the coupler and sleeve combo, but with a 3/4" NPT female thread instead of the 25mm DIN thread. So it will be an exact replica except for the female threads. This will prevent having to source extra Red Sea return assemblies, just to hard plumb your tank, with a thread that's not even correct for us in the USA. Especially since it looks like Red Sea has changed the return assembly, thus leaving you with a longer overall assembly and still a metric thread. I'll keep you updated along the way.

CeQabX3wRh6JKjzZEfzOUg.jpg
ps7fXA0VSuuG1lkt%KVBhg.jpg
fullsizeoutput_4277.jpeg

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm working with a company to manufacture the coupler and sleeve combo, but with a 3/4" NPT female thread instead of the 25mm DIN thread. So it will be an exact replica except for the female threads. This will prevent having to source extra Red Sea return assemblies, just to hard plumb your tank, with a thread that's not even correct for us in the USA. Especially since it looks like Red Sea has changed the return assembly, thus leaving you with a longer overall assembly and still a metric thread. I'll keep you updated along the way.

fullsizeoutput_4277.jpeg

Any idea when these will be ready?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea when these will be ready?

It's not set in stone yet... still waiting on manufacturer pricing to see if it's worth it. I can't really discuss it much on R2R as I am not a paying vendor on here. Please feel free to PM me or email me.

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fullsizeoutput_4277.jpeg

This would be great, looking to change the return adjuster on the reefer

So many people with reefers anyone else have this is it “normal”

I purchased my reefer 250 used a year ago and the seems were smooth! Does not look normal at all.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could get mine to look like that. I don't even know where to start to get it plumbed like that.
Man I absolutely suggest a plan. Even being as meticulous as possible I still made a bunch of small mistakes that I fortunately caught. I wrote all of my goals out and then started the plan on graph paper. Im in the process now of documenting how I and why I put it together like I did and find myself constantly rethinking stuff.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down to the last little bits of plumbing and testing the skimmer fit. Looks like Ill need to build a small stand for it.
r2r10.jpg

Lookin awesome centerline!

I would highly recommend and adjustable skimmer stand from octoaquatics. Super high quality, ships quick, and priced very well. It has made it very easy to tune the height. Nice for raising the height to skim drier or lowering for wetter.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back