RavenSF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there’s been lots of people trying to find adapters and different tubing to replace that horrible green return line that comes with the tank, so I thought I’d share this. I found this on the US Plastics website and I was able to run 3/4 black tubing from my Vectra with the 3/4 barb to 5/8 black tubing going into the tank. I put it on with hot tap water and everything feels very snug and secure after cooling down.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/i...MIr9aGhdKT3AIVhYWzCh2Trg7HEAQYASABEgK5WfD_BwE
E487BB10-9778-44EE-8878-BAF571BA6BFD.jpeg
31F292EE-69D0-416C-9EA7-A43A53016097.jpeg

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thanks. I have 2 floor dollies to move it down the hallway. I'll probably at least get another person to help as a spotter.

Get 4 suction cups 2 for each person so have solid grip. Setting it on without suction cups or enough help is gonna be a challenge. Just my 0.02. Congrats on your new tank and condolences to your wallet and bank account. :)

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Shopping for a 525 xxl , can’t find the reference thread, but I remember mention of a new V3?

Would I be better off waiting for Holiday sales ? Marine Depot has one nicely discounted right now. Thanks! Gorgeous tanks all.

Curtisw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have recently acquired a Red Sea Reefer 250 and the person I got it from had a skimmer and a reactor within the sump but its very cramped inside and wondering if anyone who has/have a 250 on here changed the sump if so what to?

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Shopping for a 525 xxl , can’t find the reference thread, but I remember mention of a new V3?

Would I be better off waiting for Holiday sales ? Marine Depot has one nicely discounted right now. Thanks! Gorgeous tanks all.

I seem to have read that the 525XL V3 is not out yet and will probably be a few more months. I just got the 350 V3 and it's pretty nice, however I think the V2 sumps are just fine. If you're not worried about a refugium, then I would get the discounted V2. I'm going with a refugium only so I waited for the V3.

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have read that the 525XL V3 is not out yet and will probably be a few more months. I just got the 350 V3 and it's pretty nice, however I think the V2 sumps are just fine. If you're not worried about a refugium, then I would get the discounted V2. I'm going with a refugium only so I waited for the V3.

Get the discounted one and get a baffle. Cheaper and you get ur tank sooner

80f5b6b397557dcf600ef6efa2ba162e.jpg

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. Marine depot said the discounted 525 they have listed is V3? The more I dive into this thread the more I think the V2 or a full replacement sump is the way to go however. I have never had any experience with a sump so why do I care?

Anyways. Thanks all!

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correction. Received another email from marine depot. Stated they contacted Red Sea and were told only the 625 were shipping with V3 sump. what the heck?

SavvyCane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Awesome thread! I took me close to a month but I scanned over all 326 pages. Thanks, @Broadfield and @pelphrey and many others for creating and contributing to this great resource. I picked up a Reefer 425XL back in June so I'm looking forward to putting some of what I've seen into my Reefer.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a little more progress today- Finally got the Giesemann Stellar hung up. Waiting for my Radions to put them in the fixture. I've finished the sump side, wiring, Pax Bellum, and ATK all set. Started the electrical side today as well as some preliminary aquascaping. Photos in my build thread- link below my signature.

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a little more progress today- Finally got the Giesemann Stellar hung up. Waiting for my Radions to put them in the fixture. I've finished the sump side, wiring, Pax Bellum, and ATK all set. Started the electrical side today as well as some preliminary aquascaping. Photos in my build thread- link below my signature.

Hey, where did you order the Giesemann Stellar?

Nelson Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, broad question. My birthday is coming up and the wife offered to Upgrade me . I can’t go huge but I will like to get the Red Sea reefer 250. Now the big question is what equipment. I currently own and have been running a 36gallon AIO. Stocked with LPS mainly, 2 clowns, 2 chromis and a diamond goby. Haven’t had no deaths or issues as of yet been running strong for 6months. I will like to transfer all corals and fish to the new tank. And will probably purchase 1-2 more fish. Main focus is corals.

What equipment will I need brands and keep me in a good budget all equipment will me purchased by me of course can’t overload the wife. Any help will be appreciate it.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, broad question. My birthday is coming up and the wife offered to Upgrade me . I can’t go huge but I will like to get the Red Sea reefer 250. Now the big question is what equipment. I currently own and have been running a 36gallon AIO. Stocked with LPS mainly, 2 clowns, 2 chromis and a diamond goby. Haven’t had no deaths or issues as of yet been running strong for 6months. I will like to transfer all corals and fish to the new tank. And will probably purchase 1-2 more fish. Main focus is corals.

What equipment will I need brands and keep me in a good budget all equipment will me purchased by me of course can’t overload the wife. Any help will be appreciate it.
First of all what brands do you like that you have had experience with in your 36 gallon? I have a folder of bookmarks devoted entirely to RSR 250 build threads from the Member's Tanks Forum. There's about 4-5 pages of links to them when you do a search of "Red Sea Reefer 250" on that forum. Personally I'm going with Radions, Tunzes, Apex, Reef Octopus, see my build thread.

Nelson Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all what brands do you like that you have had experience with in your 36 gallon? I have a folder of bookmarks devoted entirely to RSR 250 build threads from the Member's Tanks Forum. There's about 4-5 pages of links to them when you do a search of "Red Sea Reefer 250" on that forum. Personally I'm going with Radions, Tunzes, Apex, Reef Octopus, see my build thread.
Hey, so honestly I don’t have a big deal of experience with the big names since I currently have a AIO, im using tunze skimmer 9004, tunze ATO, cobalt heater, MP10WQD.... I just want something going to do well and hold up logivity wise. If I get this tank and setup correct won’t be upgrading no time soon. @powers2001

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like ecotech for lights and flow... not really budget choices, but high quality and dependable. I really like the tunze ozmolator for ATO. Yet to find a perfect skimmer

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like ecotech for lights and flow... not really budget choices, but high quality and dependable. I really like the tunze ozmolator for ATO. Yet to find a perfect skimmer
I'm really impressed with what I've heard about this skimmer. Replacing my Skimz recirculating with it.

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone with a 650 (140g) or similar size reefer. Did you place anything under the stand? I'll be installing on hardwood floors and I'm not sure if there are enough feet on the stand to avoid denting the floor or not. I'd really prefer not to lay wood under the stand as I can't see how it won't look terrible over time.

Back