incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 425XL with black inside white outside but it’s not the V3 sump so perhaps newest version is all white

I didn't realize they made them that way. My 450 is the only Reefer I've had and most pictures I've seen made me believe it was one or the other. My bad if I misguided.

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white 525XL that I bought in August has a black interior. I am just starting to set it up last week. It will be set up with a basement sump system, so I haven't open the sump box to check what version of the sump I got.

IMG_20181022_220124.jpg

Here it is with the doors on:

IMG_20181024_181746.jpg

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A special thank you to @Centerline for sending me 3 lathed pipes that fit into Red Sea Reefer molded return, emergency and drain pipes. Really appeciate him helping a random Reef2Reef member out like that. Check out his build thread to see how he makes these pipes with precision and high craftmanship. I wanted as much flow as I could get through the system and felt the traditional 3/4" to 1" slip could bottleneck the system. Thus I reached out to Centerline.

IMG_20181022_222339.jpg

IMG_20181025_191857.jpg

In progress look of the basement area:
IMG_20181023_224701.jpg

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A special thank you to @Centerline for sending me 3 lathed pipes that fit into Red Sea Reefer molded return, emergency and drain pipes. Really appeciate him helping a random Reef2Reef member out like that. Check out his build thread to see how he makes these pipes with precision and high craftmanship. I wanted as much flow as I could get through the system and felt the traditional 3/4" to 1" slip could bottleneck the system. Thus I reached out to Centerline.

IMG_20181022_222339.jpg

IMG_20181025_191857.jpg

IMG_20181023_224701.jpg

Great setup, and @Centerline is a great help on here. I'm almost done setting up my 450. Good luck with everything!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_20181022_222339.jpg

IMG_20181025_191857.jpg

IMG_20181023_224701.jpg
Awesome Man! Great job.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_20181022_222339.jpg

IMG_20181025_191857.jpg

IMG_20181023_224701.jpg

Very nice work both of you

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've asked before but haven't got an answer and am wondering if anyone can identify what this is. I believe it's a kalk stirrer but not sure. It came with my Reefer included with the setup I purchased from someones family member.

Stirrer.jpg

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going by the results when throwing Google a Bubble magus kalkstirrer query(;)):
https://www.google.nl/search?rlz=1C.....1.0.0....0.nTgDw4N5Sk4#imgrc=XlCVvtDN_j3kHM:
I'd say yes it's a kalkstirrer.

Thanks, I figured but it is painted and has a motor. I also have the Two Little Fishies Kalk Reactor 300 but it doesn't have a motor. If this can be run off my return manifold I'm going to try and use it in my Reefer sump. I'll research more and figure it out so Thanks for the feedback!

erichuyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you mean since the kalkstirrer has a motor. These look exactly the same, motor and all: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.914761268543695.1073741837.866259240060565&type=3
I think there discontinued since they're not on the Bubble Magus site anymore.
I can't really see what you mean by yours is painted.
The 2LF Reactor 300 you mention works differently I think. The Bubble Magus stirs with the motor and the 2LF does by circulating water.
https://www.marinedepot.com/Two_Lit...tors-Two_Little_Fishies-TL4613-FICRKR-vi.html

Danj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone else getting lots of moisture on the walls of the sump-cabinet? I have a rsr500 peninsula and it seems like every time I look in the sump cabinet there are water droplets all over the walls for the first couple inches above the sump.

It's definitely not from bubbles popping on the surface or any splashing - the water flows through the sump pretty calmly and doesn't have any high falls.

The only explanation I can think of is just that it's really warm and humid in that cabinet, but then everyone else must be having a similar experience since my tank and home temperatures are pretty average. Tank is 78.0-78.1 (apex controlled) and my home is 70-72. I could see the peninsula series being a little more susceptible to this since the sump cabinet doesn't have a direct fresh air opening, it needs to get its ventilation from the dry-side cabinet.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone else getting lots of moisture on the walls of the sump-cabinet? I have a rsr500 peninsula and it seems like every time I look in the sump cabinet there are water droplets all over the walls for the first couple inches above the sump.

It's definitely not from bubbles popping on the surface or any splashing - the water flows through the sump pretty calmly and doesn't have any high falls.

The only explanation I can think of is just that it's really warm and humid in that cabinet, but then everyone else must be having a similar experience since my tank and home temperatures are pretty average. Tank is 78.0-78.1 (apex controlled) and my home is 70-72. I could see the peninsula series being a little more susceptible to this since the sump cabinet doesn't have a direct fresh air opening, it needs to get its ventilation from the dry-side cabinet.
I have a few different reefers - home and two at the office and don't have a bunch of "unexpected" moisture issues. That said, none of them are a peninsula and with the water temp at 78 or so I wouldn't expect it all. Maybe purchasing or making a router template and opening up the back wall of the sump cabinet would work out or perhaps a couple of Ice Cap fans to vent the cabinet (less saw dust to worry about as well).

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I figured but it is painted and has a motor. I also have the Two Little Fishies Kalk Reactor 300 but it doesn't have a motor. If this can be run off my return manifold I'm going to try and use it in my Reefer sump. I'll research more and figure it out so Thanks for the feedback!
Hey Man, so that Bubble Magus is far more capable than the Two Little Fishies unit. I use kalk reactors on every tank I have and have ever had and highly recommend them. I'm not 100% how you plan to hook this into your manifold as it requires fresh RO water rather than salt water but it is worth the effort.

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Man, so that Bubble Magus is far more capable than the Two Little Fishies unit. I use kalk reactors on every tank I have and have ever had and highly recommend them. I'm not 100% how you plan to hook this into your manifold as it requires fresh RO water rather than salt water but it is worth the effort.

Thanks man for the heads up. Iused to use the Two Little Fishies off of my ATO a while back and had planned on integrating it right in the sump not thinking about what you said. you're right and I'll most likely set up the Bubble Magus after my Tunze Osmolator in the basement. I have a 5 gallon bucket set up with RO with the Tunze pump going to my sump downstairs. I also have a nice Bubble Magus Skimmer rated for up to 300 gallons but it is way too loud to have under my Reefer in my living room. I'll get it all sorted and just got back from Lowe's with my last plumbing pieces and hardware to float my new canopy build. Thanks for the help and I'll be sure to be posting progress pictures over the next few days.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man for the heads up. Iused to use the Two Little Fishies off of my ATO a while back and had planned on integrating it right in the sump not thinking about what you said. you're right and I'll most likely set up the Bubble Magus after my Tunze Osmolator in the basement. I have a 5 gallon bucket set up with RO with the Tunze pump going to my sump downstairs. I also have a nice Bubble Magus Skimmer rated for up to 300 gallons but it is way too loud to have under my Reefer in my living room. I'll get it all sorted and just got back from Lowe's with my last plumbing pieces and hardware to float my new canopy build. Thanks for the help and I'll be sure to be posting progress pictures over the next few days.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing that PVC canopy.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone..I wish I had found this thread before I set up my tank.[emoji21]
I’m about to to a “re-build” on my 425xl. I upgraded to this tank from a Nuvo Fusion 40 April 2017.
Have had a lot of ups and downs, lots of downs, with this build (had two surgeries on my foot, non weight bearing recovery).
This is a before picture of my tank..
4f750674f3f7e1eee9b04edbaaae80ae.jpg

and after
262e36b1302310730089c786eaea29cd.jpg

This is most definitely why you have a quarantine tank. Been in the hobby for 3 years. Never purchased anything from anywhere other than my LFS & Jason Fox. I happened check in here one day when they were having a “live sale”. I was hooked. Purchased some great corals, dipped them like I always do and put them in the tank. Well, since I always buy local, and know the process they use, I never thought to remove the plugs because the dips do not kill eggs! Walking by the tank one day, I notice my Whitetail Bristle Tooth Tang looked like he just swam through flour. For the first time in my reefing history, I had a disease in my tank..velvet. I didn’t have a hospital tank, and since all fish were infected anyway, we tried a PolypLab treatment (he had success with it before) that seemed to work. Fish were eating, swimming fine, but spots didn’t go away...2 weeks for the treatment and no change. My friend that runs the local LFS has a hospital tank at the store and set it up for me. Transferred fish and they all seemed to do well for a week, with the traditional treatments. Lost them all the following week...White Tail Bristletooth Tang, Melanarus Wrasse, McCosker Wrasse, Male & Female Lyretail Anthias, two Black Ice Snowflake Clowns. To say that I am devastated is putting it mildly. Then, while cleaning the glass Sunday, I noticed tiny bubbles on my coralline algae. Upon closer inspection, the bubbles weren’t on my coralline algae, they were attached to a reddish algae, that was covering my coralline..Cyno [emoji21]I was ready to throw in the towel. My hubby and daughter talked me off the ledge. Woke up and decided to think positive and start fresh. Do things thing the way I should have in the beginning. I’m now in day 38 of my 76 day running a fishless tank and planning out my rebuild.
That brings you up to date. One of my biggest regrets is not thinking about a refugium/algae reactor/algae scrubber or wether the tanks sump would accommodate one. I can’t honestly say I know the difference between these choices. My first choice would be a refugium. It seems the most popular choice out there and what my LFS recommends. Problem is I can’t figure out how to do it without converting the ato reservoir. I really don’t have anywhere to set up a reservoir outside the tank. Next would be hard plumping. Didn’t know there was such a thing. The Nuvo 40 was an AIO, so I didn’t have to worry about plumping. CDamvd was kind enough to give me a list of parts he used to do his, but I didn’t take into consideration having a refugium or how to do this with an established tank (someone could make a lot of money building manifolds to order for challenged people like me). Does the plumbing, if I can do it, have to be done before a refugiuim/scrubber/reactor?

Any and all advice/ideas are welcome. Thanks so much for reading my drama!!

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing that PVC canopy.

I'm working on it now. Got the base painted for the wall but am confused on how to line everything up and assure it is level. I need to mount a 4"x4" beam to the wall and have 2 wooden dowels coming out of it. The dowels are going to go into 1 1/4" PVC pipe to support the canopy. Getting it all lined up is the trick. The image below is a poor attempt at showing what I'm trying to do, lol. PVC pipe inside, 4x4 with dowels (cut to size) and lag bolted to studs. Hopefully!

Dowels for Canopy.jpg

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone..I wish I had found this thread before I set up my tank.[emoji21]
I’m about to to a “re-build” on my 425xl. I upgraded to this tank from a Nuvo Fusion 40 April 2017.
Have had a lot of ups and downs, lots of downs, with this build (had two surgeries on my foot, non weight bearing recovery).
This is a before picture of my tank..
4f750674f3f7e1eee9b04edbaaae80ae.jpg

and after
262e36b1302310730089c786eaea29cd.jpg

This is most definitely why you have a quarantine tank. Been in the hobby for 3 years. Never purchased anything from anywhere other than my LFS & Jason Fox. I happened check in here one day when they were having a “live sale”. I was hooked. Purchased some great corals, dipped them like I always do and put them in the tank. Well, since I always buy local, and know the process they use, I never thought to remove the plugs because the dips do not kill eggs! Walking by the tank one day, I notice my Whitetail Bristle Tooth Tang looked like he just swam through flour. For the first time in my reefing history, I had a disease in my tank..velvet. I didn’t have a hospital tank, and since all fish were infected anyway, we tried a PolypLab treatment (he had success with it before) that seemed to work. Fish were eating, swimming fine, but spots didn’t go away...2 weeks for the treatment and no change. My friend that runs the local LFS has a hospital tank at the store and set it up for me. Transferred fish and they all seemed to do well for a week, with the traditional treatments. Lost them all the following week...White Tail Bristletooth Tang, Melanarus Wrasse, McCosker Wrasse, Male & Female Lyretail Anthias, two Black Ice Snowflake Clowns. To say that I am devastated is putting it mildly. Then, while cleaning the glass Sunday, I noticed tiny bubbles on my coralline algae. Upon closer inspection, the bubbles weren’t on my coralline algae, they were attached to a reddish algae, that was covering my coralline..Cyno [emoji21]I was ready to throw in the towel. My hubby and daughter talked me off the ledge. Woke up and decided to think positive and start fresh. Do things thing the way I should have in the beginning. I’m now in day 38 of my 76 day running a fishless tank and planning out my rebuild.
That brings you up to date. One of my biggest regrets is not thinking about a refugium/algae reactor/algae scrubber or wether the tanks sump would accommodate one. I can’t honestly say I know the difference between these choices. My first choice would be a refugium. It seems the most popular choice out there and what my LFS recommends. Problem is I can’t figure out how to do it without converting the ato reservoir. I really don’t have anywhere to set up a reservoir outside the tank. Next would be hard plumping. Didn’t know there was such a thing. The Nuvo 40 was an AIO, so I didn’t have to worry about plumping. CDamvd was kind enough to give me a list of parts he used to do his, but I didn’t take into consideration having a refugium or how to do this with an established tank (someone could make a lot of money building manifolds to order for challenged people like me). Does the plumbing, if I can do it, have to be done before a refugiuim/scrubber/reactor?

Any and all advice/ideas are welcome. Thanks so much for reading my drama!!

Following, I've got a Reefer going on 5 months now setting up. Glad you're sticking to it and I wish you the best and will help wherever possible.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tanks everyone!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 76.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.9%
Back