Sick scoly

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once tried to save a half dead scoly and end up with 4 baby scoly.
That’s what happened on my scoly. Now there are five mouths. I say it’s worth a shot at saving it if you can keep things stable and are dedicated to giving it attention.

ReefEngr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are photos of the bubble coral and blasto that came back to life.
667595A4-58A8-40E7-A53C-31D7F75B6FF0.jpeg

DFBF41C9-C6B2-42A6-BD0A-0EDA3D677770.jpeg

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it. Scolys like a little cooler temps from what I read. Around 74-76s. Gentle flow, low light, regular feeding can help heal it. Make sure none of your critters, fish harass it. I lost a healthy Scoly to peppermint shrimps and another one to a rude starry blenny which liked to perch on it. It was too late before I could catch them.

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ppermint died 2 months ago and my clowns leave everything alone except for my large toadstool mushroom ill turn the temp down a bit

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck there! I had 4, now 3. However I'm also nursing one of my purple ones that had about the same amount of damage. I moved it one location and turns out probably too low flow since crap settling on it. Little flow is important to keep it clean. I wasn't able to feed it, but keep trying at least once a week. They almost invert themselves when in feeding mode and this one didn't do that. Starting looking worst so I moved it again where I've decided it will either survive or die there. I keep good SPS water so conditions should be good enough. It's hit or miss, but good luck!

I'd like to see some pictures of baby scolys droppping off from a dying one if anyone has pics. That would be awesome, but I'm not seeing anything on mine.

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get frustrated if it doesn't heal fast. It will take time for it to recover. Keep up your maintenance, feedings and keep things stable. Oh also, dont force feed it lol.

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get frustrated if it doesn't heal fast. It will take time for it to recover. Keep up your maintenance, feedings and keep things stable. Oh also, dont force feed it lol.
I am going to feed once a day, when should i start feeding? Today or let it settle in for a few days?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back