OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank man, glad to see you around again :)

Thanks. I'm trying to find time :)

I love the sizes of some of your chalices. They look awesome when they grow big. Oh and those fish are INSANE!!

Yeah, its nice when you just leave them alone. I can't wait till some of them double up, they should be nice show pieces :) Yeah, I have been waiting on them.

NICE. When are they arriving? I know they have a tendancy to pick at SPS polyps but that they don't "hurt" them. I LOVE these fish. Please post some pics once they come it!!

They already scoped a piece out. I only have 5-6 sps if they do decide to bother them, it won't matter.

Chad, your Miami Hurricane looks freakin' awesome!!

Yeah, its one of my favorite pieces now that it is pretty big.

Congrats on the new fish Chad ... I used to have a pair as well and they were awesome to watch!

They are soooooo cool swimming together everywhere. Hopefully they decide to stick around for a while. Sierra loves to just sit in front of the tank and watch the fish swim, so I'm trying to talk the boss into picking up some more fish.

Fabulous!!!

Lol - haven't heard that in a while.

Did you move this down to the basement yet?

Long story, but no. Probably won't, or at least not anytime soon.

Here they are chillin' in the tank -

New fishies
smile.gif

Orangespot.jpg

Pyle - picture I had laying around

Pyle.jpg

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chad, Nice fish. Greg Hiller has or had a pair of those as well. They are so cool. I thought that sps polyps are all they ate?
I thought I read that they do minimal damage to the coral but do primarily feed off sps polyps. I may be wrong but If you find they do and you need more sps for them I will ship you a big stag I have thats big with a nice growth pattern but not too colorful that they can have to graze on. Let me know if you need it.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Nick. Hope the tank is doing well - and that me :)

Here is a little info I found online. DD also sends them out eating mysis and brine shrimp. They ate mysis tonight when I fed them.
They were eyeballing one of my sps though ;) lol I heard there is a chance they can bother them. Either way, I'm not worried, I only have a few sps as it is.

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great that they are eating mysis. Even if they do nip at sps they really only eat some polyps here and there and don't actually take bites out of the coral. You should be fine and the coral just grows new polyps as long as its big enough and healthy enough to take it. If they eat mysis though like they are then your all set. Training them to eat stuff other then sps is the challenging part from what Greg said. As long as thats done you should be good to go. I am jealous...........

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish are they andwhats the price tag on them? they are very interesting looking.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish are they andwhats the price tag on them? they are very interesting looking.

Orange spot Filefish - $69.99 (after the hype - $289.99 ;\ ) lol

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also they only go after sps polyps no zoa/Lps?

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOwo looking much better then my tank, How does Sierra enjoy the tank, Leah (4.5 months old now) loves mine, she has a favorite big old clarki in my frag tank that i swear she is in love with, always tries to grab him when i hold her over the tank.

Glad to see you back on here, though i understand the disappearing act all too well

still need to get up and visit/playdate/boyhaters club start.
those fish are just nuts.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also they only go after sps polyps no zoa/Lps?

They just made it into my buddies tank. They ended up munchin' on my sps, then started on the acans. I guess you win some, and you lose some.

WOwo looking much better then my tank, How does Sierra enjoy the tank, Leah (4.5 months old now) loves mine, she has a favorite big old clarki in my frag tank that i swear she is in love with, always tries to grab him when i hold her over the tank.

Glad to see you back on here, though i understand the disappearing act all too well

still need to get up and visit/playdate/boyhaters club start.
those fish are just nuts.

Thanks! Yeah Sierra LOVES sitting in front of the tank with me and just watching the fish swim around. We just got done chillin' up there in fact. I'm trying to find time for my other hobbies, but its tough. Yeah it'd be nice to meet up one of these days.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atlcrownjewel.jpg

Not the best, but a FTS

Tank-1.jpg

Last edited:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Chad 1smile1. I know you had a set back with the sticks, are you planning to add anymore?

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww man those acans next to that starfish look happy! That chalice is sick!!! Really nice bro :)

Thanks! That is one of my favorite acans, nothing too crazy, but a different color combination.

Nice Chad 1smile1. I know you had a set back with the sticks, are you planning to add anymore?

I would but things are so up in the air at home, and I am in the midst of a financial "setback" :( . I've did some trading a while back, so I have 5-6 frags. I'd love to get some, just to add a more rounded out look to the tank. I might cut some stuff here in a bit to do some trades, as well as to sell to help out with the "setback".

I thought about taking the tank down (due to the home and financial reasons) but Sierra LOVES the tank and it gives us serenity just chillin' in front of it during the day. I usually bring her down there and watch the fish for a while, then read her a book. She loves it.

I know I don't have much "unique" stuff anymore, but if anything catches your eye, hit me up, I'd love to trade for some of your sticks.

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sierra helped me make new 1/4" screens today. I had 3/8" doubled up before, but it wasn't enough. I figure now that I lost 3-4 from jumping, it is about time to switch. lol

Sierratopnet.jpg

OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE!!!!! She's beautiful Chad!

Thanks Chris! I can't wait till they can meet up. I sent you an email. Gimme a call when you get a chance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sikryd

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the color on this one!

CottonCandy.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back