Single Anthias? + Stocking list for 65 gallon Red Sea

Kyle Soto

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 65 gallon tank is currently stocked as follows:
2 ocellaris clowns
Orchid dottyback
Lemon damsel
Tomini tang
Blue hippo tang (I did not purchase this fish, I realize he will outgrow the tank but he was included when I bought the tank)
I want to add a single male Lyertail Anthias but I was wondering if anyone thinks that this would be overstocking the tank? All of my fish are surprisingly peaceful with one another.
 
The thing about anthias is that ...more so than other fish... They REALLY benefit from many feedings a day. I'm sure there are some who get away with less. My experience was that keeping them had a huge impact on my tanks nutrient load. I ultimately gave them to a friend with a 300 gallon tank. They looked epic in there and I felt foolish for trying to keep them in a tank a third of that size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new