Size Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waffo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waffo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
239
Reaction score
16
Location
Port Arthur, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to start a new tank. I called the local petco and their doing their dollar to gallon sale this weekend on their 55s.. Should i go with a 55 gallon or a 75 gallon for a decent reef tank.
 
I see.. If i could only find a 75g for a good price now. The 55g will only be $55 this weekend. But i really want a 75 now.
 
Agreed. There are other costs to consider. I will always have a sump and again as big as I can get it. So if you can afford it a 75 gal display with a 55 gal sump.
 
Yeah thats the plan.. I want to get a 75 but i also want to good stuff for it. The tank is the most inexpensive part I'm looking for.
 
I'm not sure that all panels on a 55 aren't tempered either, wouldn't be able to drill.

I you want to run a sump on a drilled tank from the dollar per gallon sale, I'd go 40 b and 20l sump.
 
Well ill take it off your hands if you are willing to ship at any time. We can work out a deal if you want.
 
I'm not sure that all panels on a 55 aren't tempered either, wouldn't be able to drill.

I you want to run a sump on a drilled tank from the dollar per gallon sale, I'd go 40 b and 20l sump.

That sounds like a good idea. Now I'm thinking. But i really want something bigger.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new