Size Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waffo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Are there any reef ready tanks for sale in our local club?

Marine land 75s corner flows usually go for around 150$ in my club.
 
I meant any for sale in your club. Sorry for the typo.

Spring and early summer seems to be breakdown season. I'd keep your eyes out for the next few months. There should be some pretty busy clubs in the bigger Texas cities.
 
I would advise against a 55. I started with reef tanks in mid December and picked up a used 55 setup. 12" just isn't enough room for a decent aqua scape. Don't skimp on the lighting either I tried to go the cheap route there and just ended up spending more in the long run. If you get a 55 you will most likely want to upgrade after only a few months.
 
I would advise against a 55. I started with reef tanks in mid December and picked up a used 55 setup. 12" just isn't enough room for a decent aqua scape. Don't skimp on the lighting either I tried to go the cheap route there and just ended up spending more in the long run. If you get a 55 you will most likely want to upgrade after only a few months.

I agree the 55g is terrible I hate mine even a 40 breeder would be better than a 55 but you should start as big as you can or you will regret it later
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new