Skim before fuge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xfrankie77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Xfrankie77

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Cedar grove, New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning a 30b sump/fug and debating where to put the return. Should I go with something like those trigger systems where skim-fug-return or a return in middle. I will have two drains so I can split. I would like to know the benefits and are they that much greater or nil not skimming before fug.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Put the skimmer as far away from the return as possible to prevent microbubbles getting into the tank.
 
Skim before fuge has worked better for me. +1 have output of skimmer as fat away from return as you can to reduce micro bubbles

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
Put the skimmer as far away from the return as possible to prevent microbubbles getting into the tank.

I did mine this way as well, with the refugium in the middle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new