OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not do anything special to dial these in. Currently both pumps are running at a little over 1/2 capacity, and the gate valve is closed about 1/4 to 1/2 way. I currently tune with the gate valve if needed and rarely touch the pump controller. Your settings will vary with the water height in your sump. If you have to add PraziPro at any point, turn the skimmer off for a day or you'll blow the lid off as Prazi affects surface tension in the water.

The first few days, the gate valve will be wide open, then closed as needed. I play with the air screw sometimes too if I feel like the skimmate is too thick.

Both my tanks run at about 8F over ambient. During the winter, the house is at 71F so temps are about right, but in summer we're at about 77F in the house, so the chillers will kick in several times per day.
Thanks for all that. We’re “Yankees” so we keep our home freezing in the summer ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back