Skunk clown info?

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, (I have a similar post up but thought I might get responses here).
Did a bit of an impulse and got 1 pink and 1 orange skunk clown without my usual massive researching and triple thinking. Lol. My LFS never has them so I jumped at the opportunity. Questions:
1. Wanted 2 pinks. They only had 1 of each. Okay or wont pair?
2. Can I get more or is it like oscelarris and 1 pair per tank? (Have seen a lot of harems of these but idk if it works long term?)
3. Have a small sebae in the tank. The pink originally had a bta. Will they find the sebae eventually/like it? Thanks!

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t suppose anyone on the forum speaks fish but my experience has shown me they will show you what works and what doesn’t work. I have clients with ocellaris, maroon and tomato clowns all in a 65gallon Redsea. I wouldn’t suggest this but the number of fish in this tank has divided the aggression amongst so many fish that no one fish in particular is picked upon. The tank has rba, green tip and sebae nems. Some of the clowns have no nem at all to call home. In other tanks I’ve got clowns paired to euphylia corals, fuzzy mushrooms etc. As you know these fish are highly adaptable as many are bred in captivity.

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I failed to mention there are also Haitian nems in that tank.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink skunks and skunk clownfish are within the same clown family complex so pairing is very possible and likely. You can add more to the group but a large group is probably best to disperse agression so none are picked on to death. They will probably host the anemone in their own time, i think sebaes are their natural host or a similair species i cant remember sorry. They may host other things aswell like amboss says, mine hosted a finger leather coral lol.Hope it works out for you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back