Sleeper gold head goby making mess

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a sleeper gold head goby, its been couple of days now, and it has made up a lot of mess by sifting sand onto my ricordeas, Zoas and other LPS. Should i now be worried or leave it to be. Or should i capture it and just return to my LFS. I have 29g biocube HQI. If I want to capture it will require rearranging my whole aquaescaping. Please need some serious help here. Thanks.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish probably would not do well long term in that small of a tank anyhow so I would return it if you can.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't get any better. If you keep it, get used to blowing off anything on the bottom of the tank daily. You are better off with a bunch of Nassarius snails to stir the sand.

OP
OP
Reloadeddevil

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help. Now if somebody can give me few tricks or tips on how to capture it without messing up my aquasape, that would be helpful. Thank you again for the info.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I had a sleeper goby and had to move the rocks from half of my 75 to get it out. I don't think you're going to have a choice but to rearrange the rocks cause they sleep in a burrow under one of the base rocks. You may get lucky if you half bury a fish trap and he goes to sift the sand inside it so you can trap him.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back