slight hair algae / algae problem please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fatmike92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
4,888
Reaction score
4,487
Location
Columbus, ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

so my problem isnt to bad I think I really just neeed more snails and hermit crabs.

ive been doing small water changes once a week and that has really kept it down.

what are everyones suggestions for favorite Clean up crew in general and for hair algae

thanks!
 
Turbo snails or sea hares do a great job on it. However, the sea hares will have to be removed from the tank once the hair algae is taken care of. Some fish can help with it as well.
 
ok. ya I definitely need more snails. any suggestions of hermit crabs?
 
I do not use hermit crabs. They kill my snails for sport and I have had issues with some munching on coral.
 
I did a big water changer and added some trochus snails, cerith snails and red leg hermits and knocked it right out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new