Snails with algae scrubbers?

shallowreefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, quick question. I introduced an algae turf scrubber to my tank a few weeks ago and it finally dropped my nitrates to just about 0 ppm. These things are amazing. But now I'm curious to know if my snails will die due to the lack of algae in my display tank. I only have two of those big guys in the tank but they have since been sort of lethargic. Anyone else run into a problem with this following an algae scrubber? I search the Web but couldn't find much.
 
Thats why I only need 10 turbos in a 240g tank. You'll still need a few snails to remove what little growth does occur, but not to many or else as you suggest, they will starve out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new