OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I forgot to ever mention is me dosing kalkwasser in my ATO reservoir. Right now I'm at 1tsp per gallon. I've noticed with the Apex is the Ph is staying around 8.02 or so. I'll continue with this batch and maybe up of to 1.25tsp per gallon. My reservoir is a 5 gallon water jug with the neck cut off. I rest a bag over it with a pebble to keep contaminants out.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, they're an hour from me, and I've never been. Their page stays open on the office computer. I'm afraid I'd wanna never leave, and they'd catch me hiding under a tank at closing. [emoji12][emoji13][emoji23]

Haha!! You gotta make the trip, and make a day of it. Lol they have a bunch of stuff to just drool over in there. Lol seeing the display in person is like making the pilgrimage to Mecca lol.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I forgot to ever mention is me dosing kalkwasser in my ATO reservoir. Right now I'm at 1tsp per gallon. I've noticed with the Apex is the Ph is staying around 8.02 or so. I'll continue with this batch and maybe up of to 1.25tsp per gallon. My reservoir is a 5 gallon water jug with the neck cut off. I rest a bag over it with a pebble to keep contaminants out.

The pH being there is just fine, as long as all the other levels are fine. Kalk is a great one shot wonder.

P.S. Stability is key here, so if everything is looking healthy keep doing what you're doing.

Oh, and I must have that overflow NAO!

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pH being there is just fine, as long as all the other levels are fine. Kalk is a great one shot wonder.

P.S. Stability is key here, so if everything is looking healthy keep doing what you're doing.

Oh, and I must have that overflow NAO!

This is very true. I better just keep it where it is now, because everything seems to be doing well. No sense in changing anything so soon. The Ph at night drops to about 7.5 ish, but when I add a fuge light everything should keep in check.

I'm going to do a round of tests on the tank tonight and see where it stands.

And the overflow was a breeze to install, same as the return. I got the kit online from glass-holes. They have solid products.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested the water today for kH, pH, and NO3. Alkalinity was 10 or 3.6 Meq/L. The pH was consistent with what the Apex was showing, right at 7.8. Nitrates were about 5-10ppm as per the Red Sea test kit.

Diatoms are beginning to pop up, right on que. Lol im going to do a 5 gallon water change this weekend sometime. Im guessing thats in the neighborhood of a 20% change of water volume.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested the water today for kH, pH, and NO3. Alkalinity was 10 or 3.6 Meq/L. The pH was consistent with what the Apex was showing, right at 7.8. Nitrates were about 5-10ppm as per the Red Sea test kit.

Diatoms are beginning to pop up, right on que. Lol im going to do a 5 gallon water change this weekend sometime. Im guessing thats in the neighborhood of a 20% change of water volume.

More like 40% but who's lookin?!? [emoji12]

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More like 40% but who's lookin?!? [emoji12]

This would be true if i was only changing the water in my display tank only. ;)

With me using about 12-13 gallons in my 20 long sump, im thinkin i have somewhere around 30 gallons total. Maybe less taking displacement of rock, sand, and equipment into account.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my suicide prevention apparatus installed. Some call it a screen top.
DSC_0054_zpskunyvt7c.jpg

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be true if i was only changing the water in my display tank only. ;)

With me using about 12-13 gallons in my 20 long sump, im thinkin i have somewhere around 30 gallons total. Maybe less taking displacement of rock, sand, and equipment into account.

That makes sense now. [emoji851]

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, the screen top looks great.

I was wondering what setting have you been running on your MP10? Are you still experimenting with the right settings?

I'd like to know as well. The next build is sitting in boxes and I've ordered a used one. Can't wait to see it work!

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, the screen top looks great.

I was wondering what setting have you been running on your MP10? Are you still experimenting with the right settings?

Thank you. It was another fun little mini project to work on for half an hour.

I leave it on the yellow setting or reef crest for most of the day, and when im at home ill change it to a pulse mode for a while, then at night i set it to purple/pink mode (not sure what they call them exactly). Im using an old mp10 non wireless so i dont have the full customizaion as the new drivers. But im sure before too long ill update it so i can hook it up to the reef link.

But im still tinkering with those settings... i actually just found out theres two settings for the yellow mode, so im not sure if ive been using reef crest or lagoon. lol

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know as well. The next build is sitting in boxes and I've ordered a used one. Can't wait to see it work!

I got mine used like 2 years ago on Craigslist. It had a bad wet side *(that i found out as i was playing with the settings in a 5 gallon bucket)* so i never used it up until a few weeks ago, after seeing how user friendly the eco smart live interface is now, i think I may get that upgrade a sooner than expected. haha

twpilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool little tank! can't wait till its all filled up and filled out. I love big tanks but I also love what you can do with a small tank when done right like you are....very nice!!!

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool, I have my Mp10 in the same location as you do in the tank. My setting is NTM(nutrient transport mode) on the 7th dot(intensity.) I'm not sure if it's too strong or not. I had it on the 4th dot for a while and everything in the tank was fine. I'll keep you updated if I change anything, please do the same for me.

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha looks great man.

Preciate it brotha! It actually looks way better than I was imagining. Idk why but I kept picturing some atrocious contraption over the tank, the black finish flows with the Radion hanging pretty nicely, but its only on for one reason ...

RIP goby #fishlivesmatter. Lol

OP
OP
SnookNRedZ

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the skimmer cup with about 2 weeks of skimmate. One week being with fish in the tank. Im going to do my water change tomorrow. (mind you this skimmers rated for a tank easily 3-5 times my tank volume.)
DSC_0055_zpshhjxemnb.jpg

Johnny Bosley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Just got mine installed on my tank today. Hope it works as well as yours.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the skimmer cup with about 2 weeks of skimmate. One week being with fish in the tank. Im going to do my water change tomorrow. (mind you this skimmers rated for a tank easily 3-5 times my tank volume.)
DSC_0055_zpshhjxemnb.jpg

Ew! [emoji12]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back