So, How Long Did It Take...?

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...for your spouse/significant other/children/friends to start taking interest in your tank?

At first, my husband had little to no interest in it, although he is an avid diver. The cycle isn't even finished yet & now he is so excited about adding livestock to it. When I told him that we will be able to add the cleanup crew here in a couple weeks, he seemed really excited. He gets even more stoked when we start talking about the fish & corals. It's pretty cute.

Oh, & my four month old son absolutely LOVES the tank. Whenever he starts to fuss, I walk him over to it & he immediately goes silent & just admires it. I can't wait to raise my son around such a great hobby. : )

So, what about you guys?

Rmorales13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda immediately once she saw the fish. My gf probably watches the tank more than I do when she's at my house lol she's also named the fish. Clown=Carl, 6-line-Jupiter and the tail spot blenny=Dood. I came home one night to one of the couches sitting right in front of the tank, not sure why I never thought of that before to be honest lol Now she wants a "friend" for Carl, which i guess will be Carla or Carlita if all goes well haha. As long as she likes it a little bit im good :)

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 5 years and it hasn't happened. I don't think it's going to :)

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancé go me into te hobby, she had never had a salt tank but always wante one. Few months after we moved in together I said something about wanting a fish tank. Just a simple fresh water, she said no lets do salt! Started with a single 55 and now have a 120 and 40b 3 years later. Her dream tank I guess you could call it, is a giant pool she can get in and swim with the fish in.

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emily...that is great!!!! Loki, it will happen!!! Hubby is always complaining about the cost but he is also saying....LOVE UR ECO SYSTEM!!! Takes time!!! Come to the dark side...we have Nemo!!!

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wife came around as soon as my tank was setup and was able to get livestock my kids were excited from day 1 when we were at the lfs looking at the fish we could finally buy

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently in the lfs and my hubby's doctor was there and said....no, those are saltwater, that is not what we have!!! LOL

my wife came around as soon as my tank was setup and was able to get livestock my kids were excited from day 1 when we were at the lfs looking at the fish we could finally buy

Coraloliseffect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The misses was intrested from the get go. But more of a look it's pretty. I want to pick out a nice fish. But after a year or so started taking real intrest . Doing maintenance and researching.

OP
OP
EmilyXLC

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fiancé go me into te hobby, she had never had a salt tank but always wante one. Few months after we moved in together I said something about wanting a fish tank. Just a simple fresh water, she said no lets do salt! Started with a single 55 and now have a 120 and 40b 3 years later. Her dream tank I guess you could call it, is a giant pool she can get in and swim with the fish in.

Mine. Too.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 years and counting, when it happens I may be able to get a bigger tankthan a 180g!!

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back