OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on a DIY frozen food dispenser.
Its actually controlled by raspberry pi with a stepper motor that has a 12" acrylic disk. A linear actuator motor push the food into a pvc pipe that has a closed loop water running from tank.
I have a freezer on top of the tank. Water is pumped from the tank and runs through the freezer then comes out to the tank. in side the freezer there is a T in which the actuator pushes the food into. everytime food is pushed off stepper motor advances to next load.
Still in progress.
20180826_013553.jpg
20180826_013557.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my problem. I enjoy the reef tanks the corals and the fish. But for the most part I enjoy curing and medication treatment of fish. Also like to compare products and push the envelope for something new all the time that's why my tank is under construction all the time.

Freezer dispenser is going to be something really awesome so far total cost is under $80 plus the cost of freezer I got mine from Budweiser for free. They're not that bad about a $100 brand new.
By the time I'm done with it and patent it I can send you a package pre-programmed you don't even have to mess with it just install it inside the freezer.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your kind and loving words.
Personally i don't think its that amazing and some of you guys might be pulling my leg lol.

I have been training my tangs to get along very well. As you can see i have every tang possible in 1 tank and no fights.
I have a slow process to train them starting in qt.

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another tang whisperer! I knew I liked you!

I had a pair of ahilles before I lost power on vacation... very sad. RIP every fish I had February 2017....

Beautiful tank! You are even good with photography! Good stuff!

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @4FordFamily
I have a method of training these Tang to get along in the QT. I have acrylic dividers in the same tank and I introduced them separate then slowly introduce them into each other space for a little by little and eventually they become friends. I've never had that method fail on me yet.
Sorry to hear about your fish loss due to power outage.
I lost $10,000 worth of coral and fish in 2007 because of blizzard from that day onwards I learned my lesson now I have a standby Natural Gas generator that kicks on and off on its own in case of a power outage.
Thank you for your kind words. Some of those pictures are actually underwater with macro lens. I have a Nikon d5000 camera with underwater housing. I use a macro lens underwater I have bunch of other lenses for out outdoor stuff as well.
I think I enjoy the gadgets more than I enjoy the tank itself.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @4FordFamily
I have a method of training these Tang to get along in the QT. I have acrylic dividers in the same tank and I introduced them separate then slowly introduce them into each other space for a little by little and eventually they become friends. I've never had that method fail on me yet.
Sorry to hear about your fish loss due to power outage.
I lost $10,000 worth of coral and fish in 2007 because of blizzard from that day onwards I learned my lesson now I have a standby Natural Gas generator that kicks on and off on its own in case of a power outage.
Thank you for your kind words. Some of those pictures are actually underwater with macro lens. I have a Nikon d5000 camera with underwater housing. I use a macro lens underwater I have bunch of other lenses for out outdoor stuff as well.
I think I enjoy the gadgets more than I enjoy the tank itself.
How much does a natural gas generator like that run? I’ve done similar in the past as well!

I also find that crowding them often helps as well they’re overwhelmed and calm down. A social acclimation box also suffices often for new additions but it’s always a risk! :)

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $5k for 17kw generator with the standby sub panel installed.
I have never tried crowding them because I always train them in the qy and then slowly move the least aggressive ones into the main tank the most aggressive one at the end.

Back