Something is eating my aiptasia

GrouperStupor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
186
Location
Huntsville, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something is eating aiptasia in one of my tanks, but I'm not sure who. Keeps the tank clear of it. I need to figure out who's doing it so I can buy some for other tanks.

Who do you think it is?
Fire Shrimp
Tomini Tang
Parrot Fish
Yellow Tang
Cardinal
Maroon Clown
and an engineer.

I also have some flame scallops, but I'm pretty sure I can rule them out.

I could just be lucky, but an attached fuge and frag tank are eat up with it. But this tank is clean.
 
Last edited:
It will be very interesting to find out what it is. If you need more food (aiptasia) I cand send you some rock and after it's been cleaned of aiptasia you can send it back to me! I'd wish you good luck, but you already have something in your tank eatting aiptasia, so send some of it my way! :eyebrows:
 
After reading that article...I may have [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nudibranches. I have seen a big one in there before. About 2 years ago. Haven't seen one since then. But I could have some small ones and not notice them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When I searched before posting last night, the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]consensus[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] seemed to be that fire shrimp and cleaners wouldn't eat them.
[/FONT]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new