Something worm-y?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ogos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ogos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I just started my first ever saltwater tank after several years with freshwater, and after getting a couple pounds of wet rock from my LFS I noticed a decently sized tendril with spines sticking out of a hole. I also ended up spotting a much smaller, but ultimately similar looking worm-looking thing with tube feet that appears to be fairly inactive. I have asked on some other forums and the suggestions of brittle star + severed limb, and some kind of strange cucumber have been given. Any help?

 
no picture?
 
no picture?
Sorry, I included an Imgur album link. Not sure why it isn't appearing, I can see it on my end as an imbedded slideshow. I'll try to add to this reply as well though

IMG_0572.jpeg IMG_0620.jpeg IMG_0624.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Juvinile bobbit worm? Its quite a puzzler that one, so needs a second opinion.
 
Juvinile bobbit worm? Its quite a puzzler that one, so needs a second opinion.
No, im totally wrong. Didnt see the sucker feet. If it moves by itself for a week or 2 without any sign of regeneration or decomposition its probally a severed brittle star limb. If you find multiple or bigger ones ista probally a sea cucumber or onother detritevor. Most likely harmless
 
No, im totally wrong. Didnt see the sucker feet. If it moves by itself for a week or 2 without any sign of regeneration or decomposition its probally a severed brittle star limb. If you find multiple or bigger ones ista probally a sea cucumber or onother detritevor. Most likely harmless
Looks like a dropped serpent star arm to me as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new