Spacing lights

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a Red Sea reefer S-1000 and wondering about light spacing. I’m going to be using radion gen 5 blues. Was thinking to run 5 or 6 of them. I’m going to be using the mounting arm hanging off the back wall.
I was planning to run them equal distance apart so it visually looks nice. The tank has a eurobraced. Do I space the lights based on the tank walls or on the euro bracing

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has a number of lighting videos that discuss and show what mounting height/spacing you should do.
Here's the one on the Radion Gen 5 Blues:

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used the RMS mount (the rainbow style mount that sits on the tank) and basically just pulled out the old tape measure so each fixture covers the same amount of tank. I do have the fixtures closer to the front of the tank rather than dead center as my corals mostly reside on the front 1/3rd of the display.
The spread on the Gen5's is impressively wide so you might get away with less than you might think.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Setting up a Red Sea reefer S-1000 and wondering about light spacing. I’m going to be using radion gen 5 blues. Was thinking to run 5 or 6 of them. I’m going to be using the mounting arm hanging off the back wall.
I was planning to run them equal distance apart so it visually looks nice. The tank has a eurobraced. Do I space the lights based on the tank walls or on the euro bracing
Generally if you go vertical, you clear the space over the tank rim but in my case I have no choice with the eurobracing

Back