Sponge ID please, Longhorn sponges?

jake296

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
14
Location
norway
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Recently had what I believe to be some sponges popping up in the tank and they’re spreading quickly. The tank is 18 months old and there’s signs it’s starting to mature and the corals are doing well, I run a simple soft coral tank, 90G display.

I’ve done a little research on sponges and it seems these are maybe longhorn sponges? If so, should I try to remove them or get something that will eat them? From what I have read online, it doesn’t seem they will cause a problem but it would be nice to confirm before they spread any further.

I will upgrade to a 300G display after Christmas and the rockwork will be transferred across.

Thanks!

IMG_4170.jpeg
 
Additional pics attached
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 23
Great, thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new