OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it test out all good, can't wait to see this one run. Your frag is a cutie. :)

Thank you! she is learning quite a bit about fish and coral! she has even taken a swim in the tank LOL :)

I've seen so many builds in my life, and creativity never lacked in most of them. I've seen creative people do things that beyond imagination and believe me when I say, BEYOND IMAGINATION!
but with your build and work in this project man you took creativity into a new level and MORE!
people need to understand that it's not just getting the image into your head or the thought through your skull, it's the end product that shows it the way it SHOULD BE looking like.

tagging along doesn't give this project any justice, this should stand alone as a reference to every build and to everyone that thinks that an aquarium is just a piece of glass/acrylic holding water in 'em and the inner look doesn't matter.

THANKS A LOT FOR SHARING IT WITH US ALL!!
keep the good work man. and my GOD bless your soul and creative mind.

Thank you! I am happy so many people are enjoying this build :).

Aquarist in training!

HAHA yes :)

Simply amazing! I might have missed it, but what happened to the vertex controller?

The Vertex Cerebra is on hold in my mind.... Is it a great controller... Yes absolutely but is it stuck in development still.... Yes... I needed this build up and running and could not wait any longer. I will be getting the V2.0 when it is released and we can go from there. I am though blown away with the ghl profilux 4 and i do not see me changing this out for any other controller.... I seem to have a crazy frag tank/Fish holding system still to build though... . ... .

So have you tried the center chamber bypass feature on the sump? I've been very curious if this works well or not. That feature would make water changes/ maintenance very nice!

YES! it works amazing! I am still working on some final touches to the plumbing but I am almost ready to fill with salt water and add the "substrate/floor".

"substrate/floor" this is the next build :) it might be cool or might be lame but we will all find out! :)

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW...hard to fathom that this is an "aquarium" build!
What I am making a aquarium lol.....

J/k thanks!

@Elder1945 is that white frame/case you precision cut for you components all wood or is that plastic?

It's pvc same as the pipe but in sheet form. I try to stay away from wood with aquariums. The plywood base is marine grade.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on the bottom of the tank now... Ordered in quite a few 4'x8' sheets of 1/8" black acrylic. I think the topographical look will be cool mixed in with real rock.

So is the idea to go 'bare bottom' with the topo acrylic as a replacement for the sand?

Check out Frank Howard on YouTube. He did a CNC mountain range out of wood scraps. It'd be kinda cool to do something similar with the bottom of your tank.

I've wanted to try doing something like this but the gluing sand down to it. This way I get the look of sand but not the sand storm with the powerheads. But I'd be afraid algae would stick and it'd look nasty after awhile.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the idea to go 'bare bottom' with the topo acrylic as a replacement for the sand?

Check out Frank Howard on YouTube. He did a CNC mountain range out of wood scraps. It'd be kinda cool to do something similar with the bottom of your tank.

I've wanted to try doing something like this but the gluing sand down to it. This way I get the look of sand but not the sand storm with the powerheads. But I'd be afraid algae would stick and it'd look nasty after awhile.

Yes bare bottom but I still would like to keep jaw fish.... So this means I will have to put in tunnels that are easy for me to clean out so magnetic or something.. . I hate sand.. My last tank had 30"+x 16 feet long sand bed.... I am sick of cleaning sand....

I will be under lighting a few things as well..

Still working out everything but should be nice we will see.

Please link me the YouTube link did a quick look and found nothing. I would like to see what he did!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is the idea give or take... I would want to do more of a stark 1/8" drop on the layers as it will be filled with coral at some point. Also with the under lit display/logo that is interchangeable will make it a little tricky. I also am floating the idea of sinking a few monitors or tvs in the back of the tank...... We will see though as at some point I would like to own a fish lol.

datBme150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is amazing. I just spent the better part of 3 days worth of sneaking away time on a business trip reading this thread. very inspiring.

Keep it up and then start mass producing your monitoring and dosing units.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back