SPS Easy Coral List

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If plans go as I am hoping they will, I will be setting up a SPS tank (maybe).

With everything that will be going on if things go as planned, I will not have the time to check levels in the tank daily, nor will I have the cash to pay someone to take care of it and do those things for me.

So we are thinking about doing a 75-150 gallon sized tank with some SPS, LPS, and of cource the easy stuff for viewing purposes. As mentioned above though, we will HAVE to have stuff that can handle a a few days with out water being tested etc.

So what SPS corals are able to live in a system like that? Here was a list I made that I thought could be added to.

Hydranophora
Digitata's
Monti Caps
Pocillapora
Birds Nest
Stylophora

Aside from that, I'm not to sure what else could be put into the system. I know some milliporas like the Red Planet are easy to take care of and could probably do just fine in a tank like this, but I do not what to invest more than $25 in any frags of SPS that go into this tank. They are to delicate for me to drop $50+ on a frag, no way.

So, please list some specific corals that you think would be fine to add to a system like this, its been a while since I've done any coral shopping, so I'm slightly out of the loop!

Thanks-
Austin

Acropora Crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting you will be using will make a big difference in the types of corals that will be easy to keep.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydranophora
Digitata's
Monti Caps
Pocillapora
Birds Nest
Stylophora

Everyone lists these as "easy" sps. They may require less light and grow faster but they are the first to show signs when water parameters are out of line. Faster growing sps require more dosing!

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone lists these as "easy" sps. They may require less light and grow faster but they are the first to show signs when water parameters are out of line. Faster growing sps require more dosing!
My thoughts exactly. I've had much more success with acropora than all of those listed, sans the hydnophora as I've never tried one lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back