SPS ID help

  • Thread starter Thread starter SPS247
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SPS247

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2015
Messages
180
Reaction score
240
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Flash
0D48B71F-3060-4E49-9B73-BAB73C8AC5A3.jpeg
63676ADC-FFE3-40AC-B996-6D6CC7B0EC05.jpeg
No Flash.

Can anybody ID this piece for me. I got it as a fresh cut from a stores display.
They had no idea what it is. It was actually laying to the side getting burned by another Coral.

The base it was cut from was green the coralites and polyps red and the growth tip blueish purple.

Thanks
 
Strawberry shortcake ?
 
Strawberry shortcake ?

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines but possible a Rainbow Shortcake because of the purple blue at the tips. I have a regular short cake right next to it I'll take a pic of both sides by side and post.
The other piece I found that might match is Red Devil Nasuta. My iPhone just doesn't register blue well.
 
Unless it was sold as a specific coral it doesn't really matter. And even then, unless it has a specific vendor attached it still doesn't really. And then it's still just names.

You're better off just trying to identify the species. Which I can't really help with in this case, I mean it kind of looks like a microclados, but the coralites look different to me.
 
Unless it was sold as a specific coral it doesn't really matter. And even then, unless it has a specific vendor attached it still doesn't really. And then it's still just names.

You're better off just trying to identify the species. Which I can't really help with in this case, I mean it kind of looks like a microclados, but the coralites look different to me.

Totally agree with you. If I can identify with a like piece species it will guide me a little bit for placement, lighting and growth pattern.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new