Stang's Shroomie Shenanigans

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As in all bugs... some providers don't do mosquitos. Geese...
I don't I've talked people out of mosquitoes services. I feel it's an ecological disaster. Who knew a bug guy with a conscience

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full-service?
Of course
I was wondering if he copped a feel on the doll..
Sure did she was a little grabby
it was consensual ... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
No Idea shoved her back in the closet
Bambi Burgers are the best.
1675835058707.gif
Yes yes yes.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't I've talked people out of mosquitoes services. I feel it's an ecological disaster. Who knew a bug guy with a conscience
bad for the fuzzy honey makers

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I checked the hives for the first time this winter. I think I lost one for sure minimal bees think they swarmed back in December when we had the really warm kick. The other hive seems to be ok but they were all at the top which was somewhat concerning. Will know more when Spring comes and if so will see if I can just trap some for free rather then buy again.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bad for the fuzzy honey makers
Bad for natural pest control. Bad for butterflies,moths, hummingbirds, prayingmantis (will kill them if I find them around hummingbirds feeding grounds. They will eat hummingbirds) and the list goes on. The drift from the treatment is insane.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I checked the hives for the first time this winter. I think I lost one for sure minimal bees think they swarmed back in December when we had the really warm kick. The other hive seems to be ok but they were all at the top which was somewhat concerning. Will know more when Spring comes and if so will see if I can just trap some for free rather then buy again.
Contact local pest control. They see swarms and you lend your services save colonies and build repor. That's what I do. I have local bee keepers on speed dial.

LeeLoo Lola

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rely on them for my garden. I was happy to see so many last summer. Must be a nest somewhere not too far from me. For mosquitoes, I plant lemongrass in pots around the garden and this year I’m doing more around the pool. As long as my neighbors or I don’t have stagnant water around, the mosquitoes by me haven’t been bad at all. I totally just jinxed myself, didn’t I?

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rely on them for my garden. I was happy to see so many last summer. Must be a nest somewhere not too far from me. For mosquitoes, I plant lemongrass in pots around the garden and this year I’m doing more around the pool. As long as my neighbors or I don’t have stagnant water around, the mosquitoes by me haven’t been bad at all. I totally just jinxed myself, didn’t I?
No but mosquitos just need a thimble of water to breed. Your doing every thing that you can to limit the population

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad for natural pest control. Bad for butterflies,moths, hummingbirds, prayingmantis (will kill them if I find them around hummingbirds feeding grounds. They will eat hummingbirds) and the list goes on. The drift from the treatment is insane.
We have a registry here that the city is supposed to check prior to spraying. If they do spray and you lose the hives you can do nothing bc it's the city.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact local pest control. They see swarms and you lend your services save colonies and build repor. That's what I do. I have local bee keepers on speed dial.
I have a guy that came and took out a hornets nest about 30ft up on a branch right above my hives last year.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Stang67 I do have the smatfarm lights! Overall I'm happy with them, have two synced together and they ramp up and down and have a few presets but I preferred to set my own numbers. I have them over an 18" deep tank and like my par numbers. Definitely have growth! I did have to drill and tap new holes on the bracket for my traditional rimmed tank, but it was easy for hubs to do. I have them pretty high too I could probably let them a bit

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_165121254.jpg
    IMG_20230208_165121254.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 31

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back