OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give her the tank, then you can build you a new one. Let her do the maintenance for you. Lol
I have done a few acts of kindness
I believe in paying it forward
Awesome feel free to share some stories ,, don’t want this thread to be just about me I’d like to hear everybody’s RAOK

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weepee in the teepee too?
Yeah, I thought I recognized you @Paulie069 There's no way on earth to fully get back from where that kind of love damage gets tossed around. I think the only thing worse might be bad religion? I got mine bad from BR.
ON a lighter note:
"I think my tank is crashing."
No, really?
"Thankfully I were in a panzer."
So the fish are alright. :)
(I said bad religion!) This is all I got today so far. Gotta go bro. Have yourselves some blessed days. I'll keep us all in prayer as I stagger about and try and think coherent & Kind

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don’t know who actually is going to be reading this thread but I’m just gonna continue to tell my story. So I left off at 4yrs old and it was like that until I was 8-9 years old. And that’s just how it was with daily physical abuse and lots of mental abuse ie: your worthless, stupid, a mistake, never wanted you to begin with,ect ect. Let’s move on to school, another miserable experience,, I was a big kid not like marshmallow squishy fat,, but looked old enough to be your dad was very tall for my age and chunky but extremely strong for my age(probably because of the beatings). But I was actually picked on and teased was know as kid with all the bruises and ripped clothes, but it didn’t faze Me much as I could easily kick their butt without even breathing heavy. Every time I got in a fight I would beat the person the way my father beat me,, I would actually just black out and keep pounding his face until a teacher tackled me to break it up and I broke his arm in one shot
So the kid goes to hospital and so does the teacher( they shared an ambulance)
That was 6th grade,,, To be honest it’s time to take a break from my story as keyboard is getting blurry and stupid lump In my throat

Let’s hear some stories of R.A.O.K and try and swing back

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two online meetings today.
:p :cool: :rolleyes:
The first one went ok, the second one kept me distracted just enough so I could work out our on-call schedule for the first half of next year. Most of my coworkers have young kids and they gave me the times days they needed to be home/off from answering the phone a few weeks back. I had more "can't work dates" than ever before. This morning I got orders coming from the overhead to not give anyone any favors and to get our shift schedule published. I spent a few hours manipulating the shifts so that it looked like no one got a scheduled break, while in reality, they all got their many hours and days of requested time off. Now they can plan to be home with family when school breaks assuming we don't have any real big emergency call outs to answer.

I sent out the schedule and my boss sent a Thank You note for not giving anyone any breaks or favorable shift treatment.

So that is how I've used my life lessons. Give them what they ask for and don't show any favoritism,
giphy.gif

that they can pin on you. :)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two online meetings today.
:p :cool: :rolleyes:
The first one went ok, the second one kept me distracted just enough so I could work out our on-call schedule for the first half of next year. Most of my coworkers have young kids and they gave me the times days they needed to be home/off from answering the phone a few weeks back. I had more "can't work dates" than ever before. This morning I got orders coming from the overhead to not give anyone any favors and to get our shift schedule published. I spent a few hours manipulating the shifts so that it looked like no one got a scheduled break, while in reality, they all got their many hours and days of requested time off. Now they can plan to be home with family when school breaks assuming we don't have any real big emergency call outs to answer.

I sent out the schedule and my boss sent a Thank You note for not giving anyone any breaks or favorable shift treatment.

So that is how I've used my life lessons. Give them what they ask for and don't show any favoritism,
giphy.gif

that they can pin on you. :)

Awesome way to handle it. We all need to do something for someone. It could be the smallest thing like providing a helping a hand to the extreme of giving a kidney and anywhere in between. Start with helping outwards and it will come back to you. karma man, I believe in it.

By the way, can I have Friday off @KrisReef ? Got a huge rage party to hit up that night.:p:cool:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome way to handle it. We all need to do something for someone. It could be the smallest thing like providing a helping a hand to the extreme of giving a kidney and anywhere in between. Start with helping outwards and it will come back to you. karma man, I believe in it.

By the way, can I have Friday off @KrisReef ? Got a huge rage party to hit up that night.:p:cool:

Let me see if you have any frags I need! I sure we can work something out. :)

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like myself. I don't even own a cell phone.

Please tell me your dad was prosecuted or no longer with the living.
Took me a bit to answer this question but the answer is all my misery happened in the 70’s and there was no DYFS then and sad to say beating your kids was the norm
As for my father yes by the grace of god he’s
Dead.... this is only pic I have of him and it’s my favorite, only reason I went to his funeral is to make sure he was in the box, as I write this I’m praying that he’s burning in Hell

0A38EBCF-4FF6-4D9B-A484-16B19B68EB65.jpeg

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today a person that works with me informed me that he’s in a crappy hotel that’s over priced making it difficult to save funds so he can get a apartment I quickly spoke with my wife about letting him stay at my house as I got more than enough room
We will be discussing the matter at dinner tonight

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm here Paulie ,just not saying much ;) kinda speechless,kinda rare for me to say the least,i'll share a story later, ,asap,have to hit the jobsite soon,be well:cool:

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me a bit to answer this question but the answer is all my misery happened in the 70’s and there was no DYFS then and sad to say beating your kids was the norm
As for my father yes by the grace of god he’s
Dead.... this is only pic I have of him and it’s my favorite, only reason I went to his funeral is to make sure he was in the box, as I write this I’m praying that he’s burning in Hell

0A38EBCF-4FF6-4D9B-A484-16B19B68EB65.jpeg
So today a person that works with me informed me that he’s in a crappy hotel that’s over priced making it difficult to save funds so he can get a apartment I quickly spoke with my wife about letting him stay at my house as I got more than enough room
We will be discussing the matter at dinner tonight

I am sure he is burning. You know I had to ask. Not good at sitting by and not reporting obvious wrongs. Makes it a tiny bit easier to start the healing process

If you do not know and I mean really know this person do not bring them into your home. You have a family to be concerned with. My husband did just this. Did not work out well. He even used our home for collateral to a bail bondsman! That was a surprise for the bonding agent since he did not own my home. And to my husband that his coworker would do such a thing .

Laws are different everywhere. But here you have to evict people out of your own home. Just a thought

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a very good judge of a persons character and morals just in what matters. This person was actually the very first person to come up n greet me the very first day I went to the place I got my job, and pointed me in right direction,, also we did a 10hr shift together and not much to do but talk about life,, we even talked about all the racial issues going on with MR.Floyd N MISS.Taylor and it was cool because it’s best way to get a real perspective on the feelings n views of those effected by what happened,,, if you haven’t figured it out,,,(he’s Black) and yes that’s the politically correct word, because I asked him. I asked him a lot of questions on his feelings about racism,, his answer was exactly what I would of said ,, I don’t judge a person by color but by actions , as in taking care of family, living a good life being happy and not blaming the world for your own failures treating like you wanna be treated blah blah blah,, the only people that anger me are the idiots that try n bring you down. So as you can see I like the way he thinks Everybody needs help every once in awhile even when your doing your best and just can’t get over the hump and need a hand to pull you up n over. We have decided to have him over for dinner this weekend so my wife can meet him and I’ll tell him to bring his laundry to do instead of wasting money at laundromat
He is paying 1200 a month at a crap hotel and how is he gonna be able to save enough for down payment on a apartment,, it’s expensive in Jersey.
I’m gonna leave it here for now as I babbled long enough,,, get back to life story later. Much lov r2r

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Hey @Paulie069 . I will go with @code4 on opening the home to others. But this is just my experience, and every situation is different as is the outcome.

I was friends and coworkers with a guy at a restaurant we worked at. I was a trainer and became manager and moved to another state. He applied to my store and needed a place to stay to get settled in. He moved in and after a week or so he started to come and go at weird times of the night. I became more like a hotel. I did not feel 100% comfortable with him having total access to my entire place while I was out with him coming and going. After a few weeks I had to say enough. But we were also in our late 20’s.

Is there other options you guys could look into first? Some apartments allow the deposit to be paid over 3 months of rent. maybe help him find a room for rent? Maybe local county assistance? There may be a few other options before having him move in.

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Hey @Paulie069 . I will go with @code4 on opening the home to others. But this is just my experience, and every situation is different as is the outcome.

I was friends and coworkers with a guy at a restaurant we worked at. I was a trainer and became manager and moved to another state. He applied to my store and needed a place to stay to get settled in. He moved in and after a week or so he started to come and go at weird times of the night. I became more like a hotel. I did not feel 100% comfortable with him having total access to my entire place while I was out with him coming and going. After a few weeks I had to say enough. But we were also in our late 20’s.

Is there other options you guys could look into first? Some apartments allow the deposit to be paid over 3 months of rent. maybe help him find a room for rent? Maybe local county assistance? There may be a few other options before having him move in.
We have decided that we can not have him stay , he’s in his forty’s and not a threat as I could snap his neck in a blink of an eye,, sure would never come to that but I understand and respect my wife’s feelings but will have him for dinner and let him do laundry a couple x a week to take some pressure off his finances,, every little bit helps. I wish I could do more but will help him as best I can. WWJD

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had no idea my oldest daughter goes on this website and reads my post every once in awhile. Anyway she ran across this thread and has been following along. Today she sent me a text with this attached.. I feel like a big baby lately with all the tears in my eyes

C6114F76-DF29-49C2-BC33-352D7BB44DE7.png

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well seems like easy day today so I figured I’d continue my story
So on to middle school and high school,,, I was a very bad student never listened to teachers always fighting and being suspended,, was kicked out of 2 middle schools and 1 high school before turning 16.
When I hit 16 they expelled me one day after my birthday and that was the end of school. I’ve always pounded into my children’s head that my biggest regret in life was screwing up my education. My daughter listened but that’s later in the saga of a look into my life. Anyway there I was kicked out of school No education to speak of and not a clue what to do next
Anyway I came up with the idea of joining the Army,, so I went to local recruiter and joined, I filled out my paperwork honestly and put my right birthday but the recruiter was either bad at math or never looked at my birth date. So off to bootcamp I went, wow what an eye opener it was ,, I was scared out my mind being there it was so intimidating. Well they actually made me a squad leader in charge of 17 men much older than me( nobody knew I was only 16)
That blew my mind but I shined in my duty’s as a leader, I have an expert badge for m-16 Eiffel and also expert badge in hand gernade throwing ,, one time on on the rifle range we’re doing target practice and we’re supposed to be only doing one shot at a time,, well a small flock of geese we’re flying by overhead and I stood up and put my weapon on auto and emptied the magazine clip trying to shoot them. In the blink of an eye the drill sergeant tackled me and kicked my butt, I had a vision of my dad hitting me and almost knocked him out. For those actions was fined 400 dollars and a repemend was on my record. So after 7 weeks in just short of graduating and before my AIT started somebody must off finally looked at my birthdate because they called me into the office and ask me “how old are you”. It was August and I say proudly
“I’ll be 17 in November “ the drill sergeants eyes popped out of his head like in a cartoon. He ask what the heck you doing here and I go “being all I can be” The next thing I know 3 days later I’m in front of this official board of very important looking people. They basically said if you sign this paper stating you were never here we’ll give you this check for 5000 dollars. I was like sure as it was still summer and I was lil homesick anyway I signed it and had a great end of summer at the beach with my peeps
I was at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri in barracks A33 But the only proof I have that I was there are some pictures I have from bootcamp with people in my barracks and the head shot they do when u join dressed in your formal uniform,, I’ll post pics when I get home
We’ll that’s that part ,, now as I reach adulthood is when this story blows up and get into something’s I’m not proud of but feel like it helped me to become the man I am today. ,,, To be continued,,,,
Much love and respect R2R

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back