Started my day with compassion

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so let me explain how R2R has helped me in my healing process,, I had joined R2R about a month after my breakthrough at therapy and I just emerged myself into my seahorse addiction, I was searching for a seahorse chat website and I was bought to R2R seahorse forum. This is where I started learning about reefing for the first time. The one thing I didn’t expect was how awesome this website is and how it accepted me with open arms. I soon began to realize that the peeps here are very helpful and generous,, I read all the great things that all the reefers did for each other and how God played a big part of it, it got me thinking of the fact there was good people in the world still and it touched my heart and mind in a way that I never thought I could feel in my heart. It made me wanna become the person that I knew was inside of me,, one day I was trolling the site and came across a thread where a couple of peeps helped a fellow reefer with some equipment he needed,, as a joke I posted that my light broke and I couldn’t afford another one so if anyone wanted to send me one it would be cool, lol,,, I thought it was clear I was being funny as I never expect anything for free,, anyway I member pm’d me and asked for my address stating he would like to buy me a brand new light that cost over hundred dollars,, I told him that is a very very nice offer but I couldn’t possibly accept something for free when so many other people have much more serious problems than a aquarium light that doesn’t work,, well this person insisted that I accept the light and open myself to be able to embrace others help and not feel guilty about it. It took me a week to finally break down after talking it over with my wife (she knows how I am) and she reminded me of all the charity I did as a professional wrestler always giving my time and sometimes money to help others, so it’s ok to receive some help when needed and offered. Well I gave in and PM’d this person my address and a week later I had a brand new light for my tank
I told myself at that moment that I would spend my life ,, PAYING IT FORWARD,, and I’ve kept true to that, I myself have given thousands of dollars worth of equipment and live stock away for no charge, everything was Free to my fellow reefers as I reminded myself of the generosity of that one stranger/ now a close friend/. It all starts with one Random Act Of Kindness then snowballs from there
This is not the only site I’m on for reefing I’m also part of NJRC in which I’ve met so many awesome people and made bunch of new friends, and I feel I should give them a shoutout with lots of love and respect. Their also a big part of my healing
So here we are today and I’m still trying to better myself keeping in mind that first person that reached out to me ,, wish I could tell you who it is but they want to remain Anonymous
Well thank you to anyone that has followed along and shared their stories or just gave me words of encouragement God Bless R2R
Much much love and respect

I have the same problem Paulie. Its easy for me to pay it forward, but harder to accept it nor do I expect it.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPAM! Good morning

pauly shore spirit animal GIF

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How my dog felt when he ate one of my gummy’s on thanksgiving
one time our Min Pin was acting really weird after her nightly walk. she started spazzing out, then all of a sudden she stopped in her tracks straight legged then fell over. took her to the vet, come to find out she was high. She apparently ate the wrong grass off the neighbor's lawn.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Paulie069, had something happen that fits this thread well. @boacvh put up an offer here yesterday of some frags from trimming back his tank. The man wouldn't even put a price on it saying to pay "whatever you want". Jokingly I said, "Well I found a dollar for you". He said "good enough". o_O Well there's no way I was going to do that to him. I offered up a higher amount but he refused. Ended up settling for less than half of that. (Exact amounts are between him and I.) Suffice it to say it is way WAY below market price. So I wanted to acknowledge and thank him for his RAOK that I was the recipient of.

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Paulie069, had something happen that fits this thread well. @boacvh put up an offer here yesterday of some frags from trimming back his tank. The man wouldn't even put a price on it saying to pay "whatever you want". Jokingly I said, "Well I found a dollar for you". He said "good enough". o_O Well there's no way I was going to do that to him. I offered up a higher amount but he refused. Ended up settling for less than half of that. (Exact amounts are between him and I.) Suffice it to say it is way WAY below market price. So I wanted to acknowledge and thank him for his RAOK that I was the recipient of.
Awesome,, stories like this is main reason I started this thread mr. boacvh has KARMA coming to him. Much love and respect

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made me giggle!
The pic of your dog! Funny! On a serious note I’d like to thank you for sharing your story! It’s interesting to see how people can change. My wife and I have done foster care for years and just recently got out of it. It was so cool to see kids show up cowering in the corner with nothing but a garbage bag of dirty clothes and some heavy “baggage” and in just a short time transform into somebody totally different. All 6 kids that were raised through this house had remarkable stories that are mostly unfathomable. It’s sort of rewarding to know that somehow we made a difference in a few kids lives. hopefully some day they will start a thread and share a similar story to yours! Maybe without a few dark parts in their 20’s! Thanks Paulie!!!!!

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic of your dog! Funny! On a serious note I’d like to thank you for sharing your story! It’s interesting to see how people can change. My wife and I have done foster care for years and just recently got out of it. It was so cool to see kids show up cowering in the corner with nothing but a garbage bag of dirty clothes and some heavy “baggage” and in just a short time transform into somebody totally different. All 6 kids that were raised through this house had remarkable stories that are mostly unfathomable. It’s sort of rewarding to know that somehow we made a difference in a few kids lives. hopefully some day they will start a thread and share a similar story to yours! Maybe without a few dark parts in their 20’s! Thanks Paulie!!!!!
Wow incredible story of compassion and love you n your wife are incredible people much love and respect

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So true as I’ve found out first hand,, so much baggage left at the curb,, moving on with less to haul,, truth is my story has so much more to it but my thread would turn into a novel. Lol

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the reason I started this thread , enough about my life,, this morning,,
I was on way home from getting morning coffee and I saw an older gentleman on a bicycle and he was having a rough time of it, plus it was 33 degrees out., I pulled over and asked him if he needed a ride instead of being out in cold,, of course at first he refused saying I’m ok I’ll be alright, blah blah blah, being the person I am I just hoisted his bike into back of my truck and opens passenger door and said get in I’ll drive. Took him a minute to make up his mind but he accepted the offer and I drove him home 8 miles away, also stopped for my coffee and got him one
RAOK one at a time ,, as contagious as 2020 virus

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW yup took me a few days to read all... @Paulie069 we all have our moments, glad your here and shared your story. I feel that I have had much less trauma (some say I have had nothing big in my life that others have had such as yourself) but have dove down deep and almost didn't come back for air. I am glad to be here with my reef friends and battle my own self to stay upbeat. It's a tough one some days but I think I finally have it on the run. RAOKs are an awesome spirit lifter to know you have helped someone out in need. I usually look who is behind me in a drive thru and make a choice to pay for their order. Good stuff cause you help someone and you can dodge the thanks and not worry about them wanting to repay you...
Wonderful Holiday season to all, pass it on and pay it forward.

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome my brother,, but u don’t have to battle your demons by yourself,, you can always reach out to me or any other reefers within our community ,, heck you can call me directly
699-290-5252 goes right to my phone always on and near don’t care about what time it is just reach out. I’m here

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to do something nice for someone every single day. Pay it forward, random act of kindness etc.
My wife needed to go into West Nashville today to get some things at World Market. We go to that area all the time to shop.
We frequently see the same homeless man sitting at the intersection outside the shopping area.
We were stopped at the light right next to where he was sitting. I could see he wasn’t wearing any socks and it’s expected to get cold tonite with a chance of light snow.
While Angela shopped at World Market, I went into Target and bought him a small gym bag, 6 pairs of wool socks, a knit beanie, a pair of gloves and thermal tops and bottoms. Went into Starbucks and got him a $25 gift card so he can get hot drinks. (Got a coffee for myself of course)!
When we left the shopping area, I pulled the car over, waited for the light to change and crossed the street to present him with this gift.
He started to cry and gave me a fist bump. Others that were driving by were honking and cheering. NOT the reason we did it. He will be warm wherever he sleeps and have warm beverages.
We are ALL human beings and some just need help!

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike your story is amazing thank you for sharing your beautiful KAOK ,, peeps like you are rare in the world but seem to run Rampant in our reefing community,, this makes me so Proud to be a Small part of it
God Bless YOU my friend,, we all need to try a little harder to follow these examples of Human Compassion and Empathy for others during the season of celebrating God/Jesus
@revhtree

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back