Starting Triton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting triton core7 tonight. I am dosing a 20 gallon total system. 12 gallon nano with 10 gallon sump. almost a third of the sump is the refugium. Would 1.54 mL be a good starting dose?

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How mature is your tank? Is it packed with corals?

I have a 14 gallon nano and started with half the recommended dose.

I also diluted the core 7 with RODI water because I didn't think my doser (coralbox) was accurate down to .5ml.

IMG_5229.jpg

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How mature is your tank? Is it packed with corals?

I have a 14 gallon nano and started with half the recommended dose.

I also diluted the core 7 with RODI water because I didn't think my doser (coralbox) was accurate down to .5ml.

IMG_5229.jpg

Very nice looing nano! How long has your tank been set up and running triton? How long did yours take to stabilize with the triton? My alkalinity is pretty high (~10) after last nights dosing. I will certainly think about reducing the dose. The tank has been running about a year. I am also looking at getting some dosing pumps as well. I might get a cheap one for now like the jaebo and then get the apex dos later on.

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank has been up since May and has been running Triton for 2 months. I simply waited for the alk to drop to 8 and then started dosing. I diluted it 50% with RODI.
The only filtration on this tank is flow which is changed monthly and an algae reactor made out of a phosban 150 reactor.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 12.15.56 PM.png

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been up since May and has been running Triton for 2 months. I simply waited for the alk to drop to 8 and then started dosing. I diluted it 50% with RODI.
The only filtration on this tank is flow which is changed monthly and an algae reactor made out of a phosban 150 reactor.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 12.15.56 PM.png

I was thinking that the dosing of triton was what allowed your alkalinity to drop to around 8 by adjusting/tweaking your dosages. Correct me if I'm wrong. The triton site says to start dosing their recommended for about a month until the tank stabilizes at 8kh. After you get it stabilized at 8, then you send in the samples. Is there another way I should lower my alkalinity? Or will it drop after time without water changes? I don't dose kalkwasser or mg 2 part dosing etc. I am now just getting into all the dosing. I tested my alkalinity again and it was 10 again. Where can I buy the doser you are using? Nice looking DIY algae reactor. I have a phosban 150 TLF reactor I would love to do this to. Do you have a forum or a diy video that I can refer to? And with the triton recommending that you have a simple sump section that the first chamber is a certain percentage of your total tank volume, I'm not sure that the 150 is large enough is it? Is this reactor in addition to what is in the first chamber of the sump (the floating chaeto)? Chan I get a picture of your triton set up sump? Thank you so much!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back