Statics Reefer 170 Build.

Staticmoves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Been on nano reef a while, and thought I would join here as well.
I have scoured this site over the last 4 years for info, and thought I better join.
I am rebuilding my reefer 170 after a complete tear down for a full home renovation.
So here we are.
Last setup was mostly LPS, I was going to start some SPS then we decided to renovate the house.

IMG_6940.jpeg IMG_6941.jpeg IMG_6942.jpeg IMG_6956.jpeg IMG_6957.jpeg IMG_6975.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great looking build so far, looks fantastic! The Red Sea Reefer 170 was my first proper reef tank as well- it's a nice setup!

Tank looks mint, must be very fresh at this stage ;) Do you have a lid? These fire fish are jumpers FYI.

What's it like in the engine room underneath? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::cool:

OP
OP
Staticmoves

Staticmoves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, mesh lid went on when the fire fish went in.
The only time I’ve had a clown fly the coup, is when she was going to bite me, but missed and flew past my hand went air born and landed on the floor.
Had that clown for another 6 months before returning it to LFS when it bit both eyes off my large skunk cleaner shrimp.
Yes nice clean tank, have not turned the lights on yet, going to wait about three months.

OP
OP
Staticmoves

Staticmoves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you. I was trying to balance form and function, as I am looking to stock more sps this time around.
hopefully achiving about 50-75 difference in PAR per elevation, while leaving lots of hole beteween each stack for the critters.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back