Stereonephthya Keepers Thread

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suppose to ship Monday. Once settled I take a pic.

Where is the best source of information on these corals?
Internet has conflicting information. I would like to find out the best water params, most beneficial food, etc. I would like to adding and growing them in my 125. Right now I have Setosa milliapora, Birdnest, toadstool, Duncan and a purple acrapora. Like to fill up the rest of my tank with these types.
Also checking into litophyton, but my understanding they get large.
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

It sounds like your water is good, I just ask on here and try to get good pics and hit google, I use live phyto, a liquid food and powder broadcast fed, it will be interesting to see what it is. :)

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like your water is good, I just ask on here and try to get good pics and hit google, I use live phyto, a liquid food and powder broadcast fed, it will be interesting to see what it is. :)
I treat my tank with Phyto everyday, about 30 ml., I culture nano right now. Planning to start culturing tet and pods next.
What kind of liquid and powder food do you use?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These soft corals are not my niche, but talking to different people through the years, many say good flow and keep an eye on strontium. Lighting I noticed I had some one time in my sump, ready to send off to a client and I have no lights in there but the Sun shine in there a little bit, very little and they still open up, even at night they opened up without lights. Just don't have your lighting bright, keep low to start . One thing I know any photosynthetic corals you're acclimating into any tank you have to have the lighting very low to start. That is one of the basics everyone should know in Reef keeping. I have a nano tank and the lighting I have , so when you get new photosynthetic corals there is a program in my lighting that will keep the lights low to acclimate the coral to the new light.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one for sale, Unique Corals

Screenshot_2020-08-09-06-42-49.png

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my stereonephthya and as a freebie a purple litophyton. Drip acclimated them then put into my sump till white lights go out. The stereonephthya looks great. Litophyton is a little drawer up. I'll put them into my DP either tonight or in the morning.
When I opened the bags I didn't smell any odors.

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my stereonephthya and as a freebie a purple litophyton. Drip acclimated them then put into my sump till white lights go out. The stereonephthya looks great. Litophyton is a little drawer up. I'll put them into my DP either tonight or in the morning.
When I opened the bags I didn't smell any odors.

Nice, can't wait to see them. :)

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, can't wait to see them. :)
Me too. Placed them in the DP last night. That way besides being in the sump, now in the DP they had all night to adjust before lights come on.
Have to say the guy I bought it from was fantastic. He was patient with me with all my questions and answered them in a timely manner.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. Placed them in the DP last night. That way besides being in the sump, now in the DP they had all night to adjust before lights come on.
Have to say the guy I bought it from was fantastic. He was patient with me with all my questions and answered them in a timely manner.

I love my neptheas but unfortunately so does my yellow scopas.

DSC_0004 (1024x683).jpg

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some more coral, stereonephthya, nephthea, and capenella Sept. 30 from @MixedFruitBasket. Late getting pics (which didn't turn out), going to order lens for my phone so I can take better pics. Hope you can make them out.

White with yellow polyps stereonephthya
20201001_134423.jpg

Orange with purple polyps stereonephthya
20201001_132039.jpg

Pink Japanese Nephthea
20201001_134445.jpg

Green Capnella
20201001_132300.jpg

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back