Steve’s LEDs

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube with Steve’s upgrade lighting. Currently, I keep anemones in the tank but need to put some SPS frags in there. Does anyone have experience growing sticks under Steve’s?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a bit more info would be helpful?

How many leds? What wattage? What kind of anemones?

My first reaction is, if you are keeping anemones OK, most sps corals should be OK as well.

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If its the most recent version, there is more than enough PAR to grow anything you want. I used it as a bridge to my current tank and it is more than powerful enough. You will need to fiddle with the spectrum. I never ran it long enough to get it set to optimum.

U

User1

View Badges
I had one of his kits in a 29 gallon biocube and as noted above just pay attention to the spectrum. It was a bit too actinic / blue for me so dialed it down a bit. Other than that it was able to keep pretty much anything. I had a duplicate 29 gallon bio cube using the kit from Rapid LED. Again as with Steve's it was fine although I liked this color a bit better.

If I was to do it again I would put multi channel chips in from the likes of Blue Acro or Nano Box. Smaller form factor, equal or more light, and better spectrum control. Just my opinion. In any case I kept probably the easier frags of birds nests along with soft corals. LPS was a hammer and also had a lot of RBTA's.

OP
OP
BestMomEver

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acros grew like crazy with Steve's at 90/60 blues/whites.

Ramp up slowly!
What do you mean by 90/60? Is that percentage? My controller has settings for four channels. You can set them but the numbers are in the 1000s. Like 2430 or 1250.... something like that.

PirateDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
43D03C1F-E184-4708-8492-C4095F99951E.jpeg

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have issues with these overheating the tank? I want to upgrade my BioCube 32's lights, however, it is mandatory that the hood stays closed (cannot crack to add fan for ventilation). I saw older posts where they were having issues, have they fixed this with a new fan?

PirateDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the summer i had to crack the lid and put ice bottles in the back if not it would get over 81 degrees probably higher if I didn’t try to keep up with the water bottles.in the winter still got to crack the lid to keep under 80. Newest light Steves have.

U

User1

View Badges
Didn't have a issue with Steve's or the kit from Rapid LED. Mine are over a 29 gallon bio cube but shouldn't be much different I'd wager. I also didn't run mine at full intensity or 100%. I didn't go past 80 because they are both too much and too blue so dialed down accordingly.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back