Stock ideas for a 50 - 65 gallon?

GrizzReacts

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2023
Messages
88
Reaction score
22
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for fish that would be perfect for a beginner setting up a 65 gallon mixed reef would like fish I don’t have to rehome to a bigger tank
 
Last edited:
To give advice, people will need to know the type of rank you intend. Fish only, mixed reef, softies, etc.
 
I have a 50 gal. Also new. Here’s my list in order of introduction:

- Clowns (2)
- Royal gramma, Yasha goby (w/ pistol shrimp), purple dart fish
- Midas blenny, Bangaii cardinal
- Tomini tang, Tailspot blenny

The Tomini may need rehomed eventually, but the others won’t.

I progressively added more snails as the tank started to mature, as well as a cleaner shrimp, a few hermits, and a couple of tuxedo urchins.
 
I love my Tailspot Blenny. Great personality. Also I think a Yellow Watchman Goby is nice, especially if you get a shrimp-watchman pair. A clown or 2 are just about mandatory :D

Start off slow. Do a lot of research. Enjoy the process.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new