Stocking for 75 gallon

Firewolf5004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to the site, I've lurked on here for quite some time but todays the day I signed up. Currently I have 75 gallon reef but I would like to know if my stock is not well for the tank?

pair of clowns
Fairy wrasse
ruby headed wrasse
Cleaner wrasse
Coral beauty
damsel (not sure what kind but silver and yellow quite small.)
Blue eyed kole tang
Diamond back goby
blue jaw trigger

in the future if stocking is good :
mandarin goby

I haven't had any issues, I just dont want to be crowding everyone. My blue jaw is still small 3-4 inches and my kole is about 4-5 inches. the rest are in the 1-3 inch range. just let me know if this a bad stocking so I can fix it. I just want to do what's right!

Edit: I didn't add any of cleanup crew
4-5 hermits
Emerald crab
snail (huge)
baby horseshoe crab (I will rehome once he out grows)

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have issues with aggression, the tang and trigger being larger fish in a small tank

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Pair of Clowns- Great

2. Fairy wrasse- Yes but which species?

3. Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse- Great

4. Cleaner Wrasse- Unless you can find ORA ones that are Captive Bred, I’d skip. Most never take to aquarium foods.

5. Coral Beauty Angel- Great

6. Damsel (Azure?)- Great

7. Blue Eye Kole- IMO a 75 is fine if it’s the only large fish but if you can do a 90 even better

8. Diamond Back Goby- Sand sifters are hit or miss, I’d replace with a Shrimp and Goby pair.

9. Blue Jaw Trigger- They get too big for a 75. IMO they should go into a 6’, 125+ gallon due to their waste production and size.

10. Mandarin Goby- Yes, after tank is established. Even better if you can find a Captive Bred ORA specimen.

Consider a basslet, Halichoeres wrasse, smaller Leopard Wrasses, Blennies, Chalk Bass etc. if you can find one and pay for it maybe even a smaller butterfly of the Roaps subgenus? (Burgess)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back