Stocking ideas?

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have a 32 gallon biocube and I need some possible ideas for combos to put fish into the tank. Currently, I just have a scooter blenny in the tank and some Soft and LPS corals.

Some fish I’d like are
Clownfish (a pair)
Yellow clown goby
Orange spotted goby

Is it possible to get all of these in there? I’m just worried about overstocking because I know the “inch per gallon” rule isn’t quite accurate
Thanks!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that list ought to be OK - though the clowns may become more territorial as they mature, especially should they decide to spawn. Most of the fish on your list are bottom-huggers, so if they're established before the clowns spawn they may be able to "fly under the clowns' radar", as it were.

~Bruce

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have a 32 gallon biocube and I need some possible ideas for combos to put fish into the tank. Currently, I just have a scooter blenny in the tank and some Soft and LPS corals.

Some fish I’d like are
Clownfish (a pair)
Yellow clown goby
Orange spotted goby

Is it possible to get all of these in there? I’m just worried about overstocking because I know the “inch per gallon” rule isn’t quite accurate
Thanks!

The inch per gallon rule is just a flat out joke for saltwater (and isn't much better for freshwater). That said, your stocking list could work, although I'm not sure how the gobies will get along. As mentioned above established clown pairs can be nasty, so be prepared for that and make sure you add them last.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back