Stocking Ideas

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add a new tankmate to my Waterbox 60.2.

I have a clarkii clown, juvenile yellow tang, and a bonded pair of flame hawkfish. I also have a red head solon fairy wrasse but he is no where to be found. I think I recently lost him after a power outage and due to stress and being picked on by the others. Ideally I would like something that can hold their own while not being too aggressive. None of the fish listed above bother each other and they all get along quite well. I think they all keep each other in check.

I was thinking about maybe a starki damsel but I keep reading bad things about damsels not being worth their aggression. I want a good swimmer. I was also thinking about maybe a starry blenny to help with algae control. If anybody has any ideas they are surely welcome.

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry blennies can def handle their own. Melanarus wrasse are great for pest control. Royal grammas add a nice pop of color. Don’t know if you have a sand bed but a pistol shrimp and goby is always fun

OP
OP
ruegaroo

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up pulling the trigger on a starry blenny. So far so good. Very cool fish. Also a lot bigger than I was expecting. The others haven't paid any attention to him which is good. He blends in to the rock work so they may not even realize he's there.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back