Stocking List for a 100g mixed reef - help, thoughts

MN_ReeferKev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking for thoughts, comments etc.. for the following stocking list on a 100g mixed reef I am putting together. I dont want to max out but also dont want o be on the light side.

-White Tail Kole Tang
- (2) Clown fish
-Royal Gramma
- Wrasses (thinking 3 different ones)
-Starcki Damsel
-Watchmen Gobi and Pistol Shrimp
-Gold Midas Blenny

Appreciate the input! :)

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking for thoughts, comments etc.. for the following stocking list on a 100g mixed reef I am putting together. I dont want to max out but also dont want o be on the light side.

-White Tail Kole Tang
- (2) Clown fish
-Royal Gramma
- Wrasses (thinking 3 different ones)
-Starcki Damsel
-Watchmen Gobi and Pistol Shrimp
-Gold Midas Blenny

Appreciate the input! :)
I think thats a good list but personally I would get one more 'bigger' fish that you will see more often. Maybe like a foxface or another smaller tang. I dont have much experience with wrasses but I know the gobies and royal gramma like to hide for quite some time and only come out sporadically. And depending how old the clownfish are and their personalities but like my clowns in a 65 gallon hide in the back corner near the plumbing and only get to see them swim during feeding time.

OP
OP
MN_ReeferKev

MN_ReeferKev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think thats a good list but personally I would get one more 'bigger' fish that you will see more often. Maybe like a foxface or another smaller tang. I dont have much experience with wrasses but I know the gobies and royal gramma like to hide for quite some time and only come out sporadically. And depending how old the clownfish are and their personalities but like my clowns in a 65 gallon hide in the back corner near the plumbing and only get to see them swim during feeding time.
Thank you for the feedback, that makes a lot of sense - ill have to do some more digging. Just want to make sure I dont end up on the heavy end of the bio load for a 100g

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a good list. See how they adjust after you aquascape and then you will know if you can add a few more. Throw some cool inverts in there like a banded shrimp and fire red cleaner shrimp too.

OP
OP
MN_ReeferKev

MN_ReeferKev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a good list. See how they adjust after you aquascape and then you will know if you can add a few more. Throw some cool inverts in there like a banded shrimp and fire red cleaner shrimp too.
Thanks for the advice! and yes, didn't list any of the CUC but planning on having all of that for sure

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back