Stonogobiops with tiger pistol.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I'm interested in getting a shrimp goby in the Stonogobiops genus for my 13.5 gallon aquarium, likely a hi fin goby. I've read that they do best when paired with an alpheus randalli but I have a tiger pistol shrimp. It's about half an inch to an inch (I really don't see him that often anymore), but I've heard they can get big and a little mean. I'm really set on getting a stonogobiops for their size and activity (compared to watchmans), and am wondering if it will be okay with the tiger pistol.
Thanks!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would switch out the tiger with a candy cane pistol, if you can find one. Much more peaceful.
Hmmmmm....
I suppose I could do that, though am not sure how I can get the tiger pistol out without ripping everything out of the tank...

lkc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll take some creative trapping. I had one and I got some kind of plumbing from home depot. Put a dead shrimp at the end of it. Laid the opening against the rock. I watched him cross over into it and waited a few seconds and pulled the tube out and viola!
I think the plumbing piece was a Y shape and capped at one end. That's where the dead shrimp was placed. I had a big tank, so I could do all sorts of weird stuff.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trap him and give him to the lfs (trade type deal). I would also go with the candy in such a small system and with the smaller shrimp gobies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back