Suggestions for a frag tank fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harry_Y
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
1,084
Reaction score
205
Location
Liverpool, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gallon stock tank that is my frag tank.

I'd like to put a fish in it to eat the pods in there.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
 
Which pods ? Amphipods or copepods. I don't want to assume anything in this hobby. If it would be copepods, you should get a mandarin. :wink:
 
Which pods ? Amphipods or copepods. I don't want to assume anything in this hobby. If it would be copepods, you should get a mandarin. :wink:

Amphipods, Yes, I should have specified.

They are around a half inch.

I'd put in a 6 Line Wrasse, but it would probably jump.
 
A target mandarin they will eat the pods will also eat aefw's also so a win win with it.

sent from my hand held computer
 
Amphipods, Yes, I should have specified.

They are around a half inch.

I'd put in a 6 Line Wrasse, but it would probably jump.

I can't find anything on the net so far. My mandarin didn't appear to eat such big prey, only copepods. I will ask at my LFS mabye they know...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new