a988c94c87c3163d64f5a99597240fb7.jpg

Link?

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is what I use! Did not remember the name when I posted. I place the filter in a bucket next to the sump so that I take the water out and do a water change at the same time. I took out the filter attachement because I do not need it. Works well enough. Just regret not having bought the more powerful one.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried all the different shop vac options and I don't like how I have to keep emptying the bucket as I suck out water from my sump. This is the perfect solution, it's a battery operated transfer pump that uses standard hose hookups so you can get any length needed and run the other one far away to a drain/window/brute can. The pump can be placed low or high and still gets suction; the ONLY downside is that it's fairly loud so no late night water changes. It literally sounds like a firetruck rolling down your street! :) For fun I placed it next to my wife while she was sleeping and turned it on at 3AM the night after we watched a scary movie...I regret not recording the reaction!

pg8P6Vh.jpg

This thing is just so versatile, I love it! It's called a Ryobi Transfer Pump +One

jdog1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how often does everyone get into their sump and really clean it. I really need to vacuum out the debris in mine. Any ideas on a cheap pump since I can’t syphon it as I would my dt?

When I do mine I built a little vacuum out of a Syncra Nano pump by Sicce, Hooked two hoses one to the inlet the other to outlet with a filter sock on it, just vac sump with pump in water, runs through sock catches junk, water goes back in sump no need for a bucket, Basically just goes around in a circle, also clean filter socks diligently, I also put a small powerhead in my return pump area no junk in that chamber at all.

BryanD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attempt to vacuum out the grunge I can reach with the hose each time I do a water change. The stuff that I can't get unless I take the sump apart, I try to do that like 3-4 times a year.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have tried all the different shop vac options and I don't like how I have to keep emptying the bucket as I suck out water from my sump. This is the perfect solution, it's a battery operated transfer pump that uses standard hose hookups so you can get any length needed and run the other one far away to a drain/window/brute can. The pump can be placed low or high and still gets suction; the ONLY downside is that it's fairly loud so no late night water changes. It literally sounds like a firetruck rolling down your street! :) For fun I placed it next to my wife while she was sleeping and turned it on at 3AM the night after we watched a scary movie...I regret not recording the reaction!

pg8P6Vh.jpg

This thing is just so versatile, I love it! It's called a Ryobi Transfer Pump +One
oh man not at 3Am that was mean. Funny but mean lol.

Dianna Marshall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a 2.5 gallon wet vac and I bought a cleaning tool kit for computers. I attach the computer keyboard brush to the telescoping attachment, then to the hose. I put the tool into the sump first, down to the bottom, then turn on the wet vac. I get bottom very clean and the computer brush allows me to get into the hard to reach places in the sump. I have a red sea reefer 450, so those of you who own, know what I am talking about- "hard to reach places"

Dianna Marshall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally give it a clean about once a month. I use a 2.5 gallon wet/dry vac, and I bought a computer accessory cleaning kit made for the wet /dry vac. I use the computer brush tool along with the extension telescoping tube and attach it to the hose. I put that brush down into the sump first before switching the unit on. The the brush does the job and I am able to get into the hard to reach places on my sump.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back