• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sump Grate Extension

NVCyberPro

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
87
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a 3 chamber sump, my middle (skimmer) section had some free room so I used some black egg crate to split that chamber in two. I used the extra (new) chamber for chaeto however when my system goes into feed mode the water level rises and some of the chaeto will make its way into the bubble trap. I built these extensions to sit ontop of the glass baffles to keep the chaeto in place. I have an aquarium masters glass sump, it appears to be a modified 29 gallon aquarium. I printed two of these for each baffle. The jpeg is two of these snapped together, they fit perfectly after I snapped of the extra tabs on the far end. IMG_3545.jpg
 

Attachments

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new