Sump help

MonsterReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
235
Location
Columbia Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just redid my sump 2 weeks ago turned it from bio pellets to a refugium now I'm getting ammonia spikes
 
Possible the reduction of bacteria from the removal of bio pellets
yup.
Prime and stability as the new bio filter catches up. Did you add sand or live rock to the fuge? Bare bottom Berlin method style is easier to siphon out excess detritus, Sand or DSB is ...A dsb.
 
1465406598281.jpg
there is sand in bottom and a small layer of matrix on top
 
Just worried about my spikes I'll go get a Red Sea bio booster that's supposed to make new tanks instantly ready for fish
 
Just worried about my spikes I'll go get a Red Sea bio booster that's supposed to make new tanks instantly ready for fish
yea absolutely . Prime stability Bio booster. Same same. Probably stirred up some junk pulling it out too.

I think youll like the fuge life. Nice macros too btw.
 
Just curious but what prompted you to change your nutrient controlling method?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new