Sump Roller Mat Decision Help

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
40
Location
St.Paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently came into a used Trigger Platinum 39 sump with the roller mat attachment. The roller mat is missing the power supply and one of the brackets is broken but easily mendable. I will also now be running a Skimz SV227 skimmer in this sump which is rated 2-3X my display size. I am wondering if I should be bothering with getting the roller mat up and running or if I should just convert that area into some other form of manual filtration if my skimmer will be the workhorse of my filtration.
 
filter rollers are excellent in my opinion, I personally don't have the time and motivation to change floss or socks in my display constantly. If you're of the same mindset, I'd say it's worth it to get it back up and running. I use a red sea reef mat 500 myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new