Sump silicone

xiixravenxiix

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My go to silicone for acrylic/glass sumps......Use that all the time and sticks extremely well to glass and acrylic. Just make sure you let it cure. I prefer at least 3 days, but like 5 better.

Oh, and welcome to R2R....you're going to like it here. #WelcometoR2R
 
Oh wow 5 days huh. Was going to do 24 hrs haha. Could I test water tightness after the first 24 hours?
 
You will definitely be water tight. The time is to allow the silicone to off-gas. You might be alright, but I tend to be overcautious.
 
Good to know. I am wanting to add a section in my sump for a refugium and needed to know a safe silicon
 
You will definitely be water tight. The time is to allow the silicone to off-gas. You might be alright, but I tend to be overcautious.
is the off-gas period because it can be harmful to the fish & corals or for structural integrity?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new