sump with built in rollormat filter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is any manufacturer working on building a sump with a built in Rollormat Filter into their sump? OR building a sump around the Theiling Rollormat system?
Reef Savvy is going to build me a beautiful new system with a hybrid center overflow, using the Beananimal drain. I purchased the Theiling Rollormat filter from you guys a couple of days ago, for the new build, but I was careless and didn't think to measure the hight of the Rollormat. It won't fit using my current sump. I'd like to find another sump system, using a Rollormat filter OR find/have built a sump that incorporates the Theiling Rollormat (which I would prefer doing). Any thoughts on who to call? thank you.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is any manufacturer working on building a sump with a built in Rollormat Filter into their sump? OR building a sump around the Theiling Rollormat system?
Reef Savvy is going to build me a beautiful new system with a hybrid center overflow, using the Beananimal drain. I purchased the Theiling Rollormat filter from you guys a couple of days ago, for the new build, but I was careless and didn't think to measure the hight of the Rollormat. It won't fit using my current sump. I'd like to find another sump system, using a Rollormat filter OR find/have built a sump that incorporates the Theiling Rollormat (which I would prefer doing). Any thoughts on who to call? thank you.

You'll likely need to go custom, or find a way to install the Rollermat outside of the sump. We have had great luck with Synergy Reef's sumps.

I had advanced acrylic build one for my HP roller mat which handle 2000gph flow. 72"x36"x30"

Jonty has one heck of a tank, and the filtration is equally impressive. This could be a great option :)

OP
OP
ehutchby

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Synergy isn't taking any custom orders at this time. I spoke with a couple more builders today. I'll work on a drawing this weekend, working in the rollormat. Will see what I can work out.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Synergy isn't taking any custom orders at this time. I spoke with a couple more builders today. I'll work on a drawing this weekend, working in the rollormat. Will see what I can work out.

Sounds good, I'd love to see your solution when you implement it!

OP
OP
ehutchby

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update. I've been speaking with Tyler at Elite-Aquatics. He's going to tweet his design soon and start testing the flow. See his REEF2REEF page. Looks nice.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting idea! I've seen a few designs out there recently... I'm curious, what features would you want in a sump built around / with a built in rollermat?

new2this

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
refug
Interesting idea! I've seen a few designs out there recently... I'm curious, what features would you want in a sump built around / with a built in rollermat?

any links to these sumps..so far i find only one..i am looking for one with a fuge

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a "dreambox" set up with drop in roller mat, I would prefer a lot higher gph too

Crazyfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had advanced acrylic build one for my HP roller mat which handle 2000gph flow. 72"x36"x30"
IMG_1080 by watsonj0, on Flickr
IMG_1081 by watsonj0, on Flickr
Where did you get that roller Matt from? And how much does it go for?
IMG_1080 by watsonj0, on Flickr
IMG_1081 by watsonj0, on Flickr

Where did you get the Matt from? And how much did it cost?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 132 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.5%
Back