Sundial or collonista snail?

Nate_Krohn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2019
Messages
116
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my zoanthid frags starting disappearing over night and I noticed these snails a few days before I noticed my zoas gone. If anyone can ID them for me that would be much appreciated. Need to know if I need to completely wipe them out or not. Has anyone else had their zoas disappear within 24 hours? And If they’re sundial snails will they eat my palythoas? There’s literally a thousand of these suckers in the tank.

BDFBCC12-F7DE-49AD-8E1A-B8951ABA6D2E.jpeg
 
These are my zoa frags

69724D2D-F8CF-49F2-9C2A-023877E28357.jpeg
 
Take one out and take an image against a dark background.
Looks like Collinista in the image.
Remove frag at night and inspect.
 
Take one out and take an image against a dark background.
Looks like Collinista in the image.
Remove frag at night and inspect.
There’s nothing left of my zoas at this point... just frag plugs now. But yes I will take a better pic
 
Another pic:

E3A877E3-E4B2-4B59-9CC6-B4B2C52D5262.jpeg
 
Looks like Collinista to me. Sundials are typically found on the food source not all over the rock work.
Have you checked for Nudi, Asterina Star, what fish?
 
Looks like Collinista to me. Sundials are typically found on the food source not all over the rock work.
Have you checked for Nudi, Asterina Star, what fish?
Haven’t seen any nudis at all, I’ve seen one asterina star. I have a mandarin, file fish, yellow tang, clown pair, diamond goby, and a bicolor blenny. I HAVE seen the tang and filefish picking at the zoas but I thought they were just picking at stuff around the polyps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new