Sunset vs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefltx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
566
Location
usa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sunset Monti was encrusting on the sand bed and has now reached a near by rock with acros. in its way. I watched it beat down A. nasuta and started entrusting upwards from its base. Today, looks like it reached my aquasd colony, I thought for sure that Mille would hold it back. But, looks like I might be wrong. ;Wideyed
 
Why let that happen? Do you want a mono coral aquarium with just sunset montipora? ( I do like the sunset, it’s a fav of mine ) but it’s beating up nice stuff ???? That’s like fighting rare pure bread dogs . Just an analogy. If it makes you happy then ..
but btw I was wandering about useing sunset Monti around acropora myself for color contrast but if it’s a killer then not for me
 
Why let that happen? Do you want a mono coral aquarium with just sunset montipora? ( I do like the sunset, it’s a fav of mine ) but it’s beating up nice stuff ???? That’s like fighting rare pure bread dogs . Just an analogy. If it makes you happy then ..
but btw I was wandering about useing sunset Monti around acropora myself for color contrast but if it’s a killer then not for me

Well I let it grow across the sandbed and it gave the tank a nice contrast. I might try to rip it out this weekend.
 
It’s cool that it can grow so quickly for you. I got one to it’s growing maybe 1/8 + every week
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new