Sweden - Svedala reef

robertmosen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
23
Location
Svedala
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m new here but i’m not new to the hobby. Some facts about me:

I live in Sweden
Had my first freshwater tank at 9yrs old. Malawi, Tanganyika and planted tanks
My first 40L reef in 2008 (i think, time goes)
Have had a couple of reef tanks, dunno how many
Current tank: 500L (sump included)
I use kalkwasser, NP biopellets and tropic marine all-in-reef as only additives.
Mostly interested in LPS, inverts and macro algea
Fish i LOVE: Gramma loreto, Anthias dispar and copperband
I love automation. I use home assistant and are in the process of setting up reef-pi (pH and temp is working)

My kids are still very young so i don’t have as much time for the tank as i’d wish. This made me simplify maitenance and the animals i keep. At one point i though about giving up but after 0.1sec i abandoned the idea, i cannot live without a reef in my home. So, i made it more robust and simpler.
One day (when the kids are older) i might have time to do 2h/day maintenance. But for now i am happy for the tank.

Best regards,
Robert
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
pete and pete hello GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new