OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got tired of frags on frag plugs not staying put on the egg crates.

IMG_7816.JPG

IMG_7818.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got tired of frags on frag plugs not staying put on the egg crates.
Is that Swedish for "I wanted an excuse to play with power tools"? :D

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see some eflux stream pumps, at least they look like them
Those are bought as Jebao, or Jecod, or something similar. They seems to change names once a year :D
But I woulndn't be surprised if they came from the same factory as eflux :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of :rolleyes: I'm pretty tired after all the moving and lifting, so today I've mostly rearranged corals. And I wiped the floor! :)
Tired, you got it easy, this week had to crawl twice in an attic to run electrical wires. Like I said I'd be in the gym or playing futbol
at 3am in the morning for a few hours. If I had your line of work.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was a Marine Biologist in Sweden, after hours in the gym, playing futbol early in the morning before going to work, even in the snow. In just 4 weeks I should look like this:

Fabio-Lanzoni-02.jpg
:D
I went to the gym today!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some results back from Triton lab today. The organic carbon is up in the temporary tanks, compared to earlier tests and our old tanks. Maybe that's why the skimmers are getting full in a day :eek: Or might be high bioload. Don't know for sure.
Now we are close, or a little bit above, Triton's set point for DOC.

We also got the results from the ICP tests and everything was fine except high levels of Antimony. Never heard of antimony before.. :oops: Did some reading and it can be from PET plastic or other types of plastic. Or from something with fire retardant. Funny thing is that it's only in one of the two systems in the temporary Aquarium, the other one is zero in antimony. That's good in that we know it's not the food, RO water, additives etc, all the things we use for both systems.

We do have some jump protection screens made of twinwall plastics. Those sometimes end up in the tank.
Or it could perhaps be from the ceiling tiles. We've put lots of cables up in the ceiling. Maybe the tiles contain fire retardant.
Or it could be from a couple of new cheap buckets we bought.
Or from @Lasse
Or it could be a contaminated test. That's what I'm hoping for :)

Anyway, I did a 700L water change(used water from the bamboo shark tank because I don't like newly mixed water), and took a new water sample a couple of hours later. In two week we know if we have a antimony problem or not.
All the fish and corals are fine by the way!

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!! @Lasse is the culprit, you know Corona beer has a lot of antimony. And @Lasse loves Corona beer.
Haven't you notice his past comments on urine and feed micro algae, go hand and hand. Also reef tanks closer than bathrooms. Just saying.

I'll leave it to your imagination,
how @Lasse, Corona beer, antimony all get in your tanks. Not a pretty picture.
Poor @Lasse, he never gets a break.

Remember in past you didn't care for coffee at work, maybe it's Cappeeuccino or Europeean. Think about it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read the thread on Scarus quoyi parrotfish, and now I'm day dreaming on stocking a 400000L reef ;Bookworm
The idea is to get the tank to look(and work) as a reef in the coral triangle. Some of the fish idea's so far have been blacktip reef shark, blue spotted stingray and garden eels(my idea, want to do a small area for them with constant feeding:rolleyes:). Any suggestions? They shouldn't eat large Acropora colonies for breakfast(but could eat some) and aren't allowed eat too much smaller fish. And must be found in the coral triangle area. Go!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read the thread on Scarus quoyi parrotfish, and now I'm day dreaming on stocking a 400000L reef ;Bookworm
The idea is to get the tank to look(and work) as a reef in the coral triangle. Some of the fish idea's so far have been blacktip reef shark, blue spotted stingray and garden eels(my idea, want to do a small area for them with constant feeding:rolleyes:). Any suggestions? They shouldn't eat large Acropora colonies for breakfast(but could eat some) and aren't allowed eat too much smaller fish. And must be found in the coral triangle area. Go!
I don't eat acropora, prefer beef to fish and love when I can be found in the coral triangle area..... :D

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could work as a mermale in the Aquarium ;)
San Diego had Shamu the killer whale, you'll have @Brew12 the mermale. Cool. I'd take a trip just to see that. I don't fly anymore, but I'd make an exception.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chopped up an Acropora today. It has been growing for almost five years in the 10000L tank. Unfortunately the large Montipora had shaded it more than I realised, so half of the colony was dead. Since there not a lot of room left in the temporary tanks, I wanted to remove the dead half.
Here's an intersection
IMG_7833.JPG

And here's one that also shows the base. Crazy thick :eek:
IMG_7834.JPG

Don't know the name of the Acropora. But it's a dark purple one :rolleyes:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chopped up an Acropora today. It has been growing for almost five years in the 10000L tank. Unfortunately the large Montipora had shaded it more than I realised, so half of the colony was dead. Since there not a lot of room left in the temporary tanks, I wanted to remove the dead half.
Here's an intersection
IMG_7833.JPG

And here's one that also shows the base. Crazy thick :eek:
IMG_7834.JPG

Don't know the name of the Acropora. But it's a dark purple one :rolleyes:
Wow.... just wow... pretty amazing when you need a large ball peen hammer as a frag tool. Up until I started this hobby I believed the myth that corals grew very slowly.

I think that coral is a Barnie Parties Like it's 1999 In the Purple Rain Acro. Saw a 3mm frag selling for $600 yesterday. :rolleyes::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back