dkegflorida

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went swimming with the sharks and rays yesterday. Im still working on getting the water clearer but chemistry wise the water is great. Added a bat ray and shovelnose ray recently. I will be taking a video of feeding soon.

Videos

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the old media to the new folder.

Shark Tank
Wow! I can't even begin to imagine the planning that went into this. Just out of curiosity, what do you do with the algae growth on the bricks/sides?

ladders

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only have my dream tank. If you don't mind what are your upkeep costs? If not its understandable.

OP
OP
D

dkegflorida

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I can't even begin to imagine the planning that went into this. Just out of curiosity, what do you do with the algae growth on the bricks/sides?
Up until a couple months ago I would vacuum it off (like cleaning a pool) and then backwash the filter. But since the algae peaked a couple months ago it has been growing less and less so I leave it for now. It doesnt look pretty but Im letting the system balance and hoping the chaeto and mangroves continue to take up more nitrates than the algae.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Food, electricity, and salt are approx $1k per month.
All things considered, that's not entirely unreasonable (especially considering the size/scale). Do you have a fair amount of evaporation/water that you need to add as well?

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went swimming with the sharks and rays yesterday. Im still working on getting the water clearer but chemistry wise the water is great. Added a bat ray and shovelnose ray recently. I will be taking a video of feeding soon.

Videos
Pretty awesome. I'm just hoping you don't end up as one of those 'Florida Man' headlines: "Florida man eaten by sharks in his own backyard"

OP
OP
D

dkegflorida

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All things considered, that's not entirely unreasonable (especially considering the size/scale). Do you have a fair amount of evaporation/water that you need to add as well?
May to sept is our rainy season so I don’t have to add any water. I just have to add salt to keep the salinity up. Outside of those months I could get evaporation of 50-100 gallons a day. I have an autofill.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back